Farewell Ravenwing

Brother Landrain

* Groan *

In all honesty I think the RW are probably deadlier and more flexible as a standalone force than ever. So no, no concerns from here as of yet.

Cheers

I

I am greatly concerned - I think I'm going to spend vast amounts of cash on them when I should be saving for a new flat!

Seriously though, other than the dark shroud/vengeance, the models look great, and can only hope the ruleset will stand up to scrutiny. Am a bit disappointed the RW attack squadron still seems to be as-is, was never interested in mixing bikes and speeders, but lets just wait and see. Only 3 days to go.

I am greatly concerned - I think I'm going to spend vast amounts of cash on them when I should be saving for a new flat!

Seriously though, other than the dark shroud/vengeance, the models look great, and can only hope the ruleset will stand up to scrutiny. Am a bit disappointed the RW attack squadron still seems to be as-is, was never interested in mixing bikes and speeders, but lets just wait and see. Only 3 days to go.

best part about RAS was that you could put the squad down and they go off in three directions ;) and you get another speeder in your FA slot without having to resort to dreaded speeder squadrons where an assault cannon could take four out in one turn.

No i think RW will be op and mega broken. The grey knights and crons of 6tg ed.

Noboddy will like us or wanna play us, as every da player will spam samael and 19 vengeance speeders...

Ravenwing are already vastly overcosted and equipped in such a way that they are more lackeys for the Deathwing than a viable force on their own. Sammael is grabbing IC status and a bunch of other awesome upgrades, they have an in-house elite unit, they are getting flyers, they are getting their very own hover-MBT that comes in plasma-barrage or squad-buff flavours.

If Deathwing saw an improvement in this go around, then Ravenwing have seen a gorram revelation. The only way things could be bad for them is if they continue being overcosted (but considering how cheap CSM bikers are...).

My Ravenwing contingent will no longer feel like a necessary evil for teleport homers.

Noboddy will like us or wanna play us, as every da player will spam samael and 19 vengeance speeders...

I do believe that I can hear the faint call of those Ork and 'Nid horde players out there saying. "I'll be your huckleberry." :HQ:

What are you going to do to them? Plasma overkill 6 point models that are wounded on 2's and have little or no save already (i.e. your opponent doesn't really care all that much if he loses such models)? You will pick some off, but the remaining hordes will overwhelm you in close combat (where bikes suck pretty bad) and kill you dead. If the RW bikes get into rapid fire range, they will be done when the enemy charges/counter-charges them.

There is always a counter to any army build (i.e. plasma spam does not = super awesome auto-win).

What excites me is that the units of the Ravenwing described in the leaks and rumours are congruous with those that are described in Gav Thorpe's novel "Ravenwing"... the mere fact that perhaps BL fiction, 40K background and table top rules and units might at long last come together in a way never before seen for Dark ANgels is really the most exciting factor for me. Let's see if it pans out to be true... :HQ:

SG

:lol: :lol:

Farewell cruel world! and a Farewell to arms!

;) :P

I am looking forward to seeing how all this new stuff works out! Sadly I don't have the money for anything. I may be getting the DA codex from finishing a few models from Infinity for someone.

So here is to my new year to where I possibly won't be playing as DA for a little bit after the 12th :devil: :angry: :cry:

If they can become troops, they will outnumber Tactical Squads. They already have a 3+, can get a 2++, T5, FnP, and have access to more special weapons then a Tactical Squad.

The only place these guys are going is in every DA Players' Army.

If they can be taken as a Troops Choice.

best part about RAS was that you could put the squad down and they go off in three directions :) and you get another speeder in your FA slot without having to resort to dreaded speeder squadrons where an assault cannon could take four out in one turn.

Eeeeeer...that seems a bit of an overstatement. At 2 HP each, squadrons are a PEST. I play a 5 x LS MM(1 Typhoon) unit and I'd say that I only lost ALL of the models in 1 game!

Anyhow, right now I'd say the RW got SO MUCH LOVE that it seems you will be able to play them alone no problem.

However, as in all extreme builds, that will surface the weaknesses of any bike: expensive points/wise, normal SM PA save, easily bogged down by swarms (or even 10 regular SM with the odd PW or PF).

*** jumping up and down ***

Come on, I want my new rules nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!

*** twitching ***

I have wanted a Ravenwing army for about 4 years now. Overpowered or not I will be building one before I start my battle company.

My only fear is they are to powerful. I don't like being that guy people cringe at when they pull out there army.

The one thing I will say though no matter what the rules are and no matter how many people hate them. I will have 3 of the new flyers! :cry: Love them sooooooo much!

Demio.

I do believe that I can hear the faint call of those Ork and 'Nid horde players out there saying. "I'll be your huckleberry." :P

Whats does "I'll be your huckleberry." meen?

the new codex will bring new players untill a newer codex comes out and they move on. enjoy the new board members when teh codex hits whith cries of I always loved DA (just never played with them before) But in fairness the new models look ace.

I do believe that I can hear the faint call of those Ork and 'Nid horde players out there saying. "I'll be your huckleberry." :P

It's an American idiom and has been "translated" a few different ways, but the most accurate one I've found is "I'm just the man you're looking for to do this." In the instance that shabbadoo used it, the phrase would be used (as it sometimes was back when it was actually popular in the 1870s-1880s) as a mocking challenge because it was in response to a "No one will want to play/auto-lose if you face it" sort of comment, I.e. "Oh, you think we'll auto-lose, huh, well my Horde army will show you a thing or two." The phrase could be seen as mocking, humble or self-depricating, since there were other phrases similar and the huckleberry was a very small (somewhat insignificant) berry and was used in this fashion for comparisons of magnitude to other fruit, such as the persimmon.

Edit: leant the usage more weight than it probably really had, changed it.

It's an American idiom and has been "translated" a few different ways, but the most accurate one I've found is "I'm just the man you're looking for to do this." In the instance that shabbadoo used it, the phrase would be used (as it sometimes was back when it was actually popular in the 1870s-1880s) as a mocking challenge because it was in response to a "No one will want to play/auto-lose if you face it" sort of comment, I.e. "Oh, you think we'll auto-lose, huh, well my Horde army will show you a thing or two." The phrase could be seen as mocking, humble or self-depricating, since there were other phrases similar and the huckleberry was a very small (somewhat insignificant) berry and was used in this fashion for comparisons of magnitude to other fruit, such as the persimmon.

Edit: leant the usage more weight than it probably really had, changed it.

Thanks for the explanations, because its seriously the first time I've ever heard/read it.

Anyhow, no-one likes an overpowered list, bob's your uncle.

Archived