Farewell Ravenwing

Brother Landrain

If they can become troops, they will outnumber Tactical Squads. They already have a 3+, can get a 2++, T5, FnP, and have access to more special weapons then a Tactical Squad.

The only place these guys are going is in every DA Players' Army.

If they can be taken as a Troops Choice.

hmm, not sure how much FnP these guys are really going to get, but my guess would be just the knights and the command squad. I also get the feeling the command squad will no longer be an upgrade thing, but rather something you're allowed to take if a character on a bike. This would mean that neither would be scoring, which is really where you want your FnP to go. Granted, this is all just speculation on my part and it'll be interesting to see how it plays out in the codex though. Also, the 2++ isn't a true 2++, as it's just a 2+ cover save, meaning anything that denies cover saves doesn't care about the vengeance speeder. Unfortunately, the thing PA armies fear (bale flamer, flamers of tzeentch, screamers of tzeentch), are still going to be pains in the RW's sides.

While this hinges on their point value, I feel like RW are going to be the strongest "wing" in this codex. While I have mixed feelings about this (mostly due to my ineptitude fielding bikes), I'm very interested to see how they play out in the new codex.

Archived