The laughing axe-men

Spaced Hulk

It's quite ironic, but I'm posting these after deciding to put this particular army on hold for a while. With the new Dark Angels Codex almost with us, I'm going to be focussing my efforts on the Unforgiven. The laughing axemen won't be forgotten though, and I will return to them at some point in the future. In the meantime, here's my take on the Executioners. This isn't the complete army by any means, just the models I like the most (and no, I haven't painted any of them yet, I'm ashamed to say ;) )

The pics aren't great (I'm still working on my photography skills) and most of the models still need tidying up, mold lines removed etc. Hope you like them anyway though.

gallery_917_8001_217439.jpg

gallery_917_8001_1011870.jpg

gallery_917_8001_705345.jpg

gallery_917_8001_498682.jpg

gallery_917_8001_55731.jpg

gallery_917_8001_828995.jpg

gallery_917_8001_56296.jpg

gallery_917_8001_274025.jpg

gallery_917_8001_158579.jpg

This next guy is an Executioners Warlord, a Battle Company Captain. Gamewise, I intended him to be used as either Korsorro Khan (if using Codex: SM) or as a Wolf Lord/Ragnar Blackmane (if using Codex Space Wolves). I wanted the army to be compatible with all the Marine Codices (except Grey Knights) to give me a variety of ways of playing them.

gallery_917_8001_742991.jpg

gallery_917_8001_164253.jpg

And finally, my version of Pedro Kantor, or in his Executioners guise, a Deathspeaker Reclusiarch:

gallery_917_8001_778.jpg

gallery_917_8001_274647.jpg

gallery_917_8001_919910.jpg

gallery_917_8001_383387.jpg

The twin storm bolters are obviously meant to count as Dorn's Arrow, while the massive two handed maul/crozius counts as Pedro's power fist.

Happy new year everybody. Hope 2013 is a good one for all of us! :)

Agreed, the two handed axe on the first guy is off the blood angels right?

I like the use of chainaxes, I've used some of the beserkers chainswords on my white scars as they're more brutal and less dainty than the imperial versions. The trouble I've had is that my eye kept getting caught on how they have a big glove on one hand and a normal sized hand on the other...

What's your plans for the paint scheme?

Agreed, the two handed axe on the first guy is off the blood angels right?

I like the use of chainaxes, I've used some of the beserkers chainswords on my white scars as they're more brutal and less dainty than the imperial versions. The trouble I've had is that my eye kept getting caught on how they have a big glove on one hand and a normal sized hand on the other...

The two handed axe is a mixture of two different pieces. The axe head is from the Sanguinary Guard kit, but the arms & haft are from the Space Wolves kit.

You're right about the size difference between the hands, but I always imagine that the Berzerkers are wearing a big leather glove over their power armoured gauntlet. The mishmash of styles seemed quite appropriate for the feral nature of the Executioners, or at least how I pictured them.

Archived