Halberd of Caliban

Xeraxen

Indeed, according to photos, the company Champion of the Deathwing Command squad uses a weapon called the Halberd of Caliban.

Anyone wanna speculate what it's stats are? :)

My guess is that it can be used as a power lance or a power axe at the owning player's discretion. Though the idea of it being a power axe at normal initiative is also juicy and would make sense since it's wielded with two hands on a long pole.

Also, the Heavenfall Blades... shouldn't Company Masters get ahold of these, there's, like, 11 of them, right [not counting the one Azriel has]? >_>

It seems that all Company Masters (inc the Grand Master) of the Dark Angels have a Heavenfall Blade. In the codex I am sure it has a little blurb about Successor Chapters also having versions of these blades.

/Self Promotion

My Chapter has the 'Weapons of the Tuatha De Danaan', which are like the Heavenfall Blades.

I'm guessing the Halberd is either +2 STR at half INI AP2 or +1 STR at INI AP2.

I feel if it were a Frost Axe (+2 STR AP2) that strikes at Initiative, it might be a little too powerful. Though it might be balanced because of how you unlock the Champion and the points cost of the model.

I think the Halberd will be a unique (DA relic) type of weapon. +1 Str maybe?

I also think that yes, all company masters should get a Heavenfall Blade -- it is hinted at in the current codex after all [p43] -- as they are a symbol of rank as well as being a potent weapon. Have to wait and see, I guess anything is possible with the new 'dex :) .

The Heavenfall Blades are rare. Not every Company Master has one, and they are spread out among the Unforgiven Chapters. Somebody posted that Sammael's Raven Sword is a master crafted power sword that is AP 2. That may be what the basic Heavenfall Blades now are, meaning Belial's sword should be similar. Azrael's sword may be better still. We have no clue yet. Somebody probably has their hands on codex by now, but nobody is sharing...yet.

The Heavenfall Blades are rare. Not every Company Master has one, and they are spread out among the Unforgiven Chapters. Somebody posted that Sammael's Raven Sword is a master crafted power sword that is AP 2. That may be what the basic Heavenfall Blades now are, meaning Belial's sword should be similar. Azrael's sword may be better still. We have no clue yet. Somebody probably has their hands on codex by now, but nobody is sharing...yet.

We know from the Ascension of Balthasar his Company Master Zadakiel had one called Fellbane, I would like to think the DA have this unique thing that all their Masters have a unique weapon :).

Known Heavenfall Blades

Azrael - Sword of Secrets

Belial - Sword of Silence

Sammael - The Raven Sword

Zadakiel (Balthasar assumed) - Fellbane.

I heard a rumor that says that the halberd of the DW champion is a power weapon (an halberd is the same as an axe according to the BGB) that has the same SMITE attack of the Maces of Absolution STR10 AP2...

It's known from the leaked images of the jan WD that the ravensword is MC AP2 PS... I guess that the Heavenfell blades could be the DA version of the Relic Blades of Vanilla Marines...

But there was a distinction I thought... (going from memory)

The Sword of Secrets, Sword of Silence, Raven Sword were all made out of the ore from the asteroid..

All other Heavenfall Blades for successors, just use a small amount of the ore.

Sort of like how the Crux supposedly had a piece of the Emperors armour, which gave the invuln save. (i think thats gone away)

BTW.. I do not know the story.. Is Traitor's Bane a Heavenfall blade?

BTW.. I do not know the story.. Is Traitor's Bane a Heavenfall blade?

Nah Ezekiels weapon Traitors Bane is a MC Force Sword.

Why could it not also be a Heavenfall Blade?

It could be but I would like to think that they would mention it I would say its pretty important.

I hope they include a list of the Heavenfall Blades in the new codex.

They could write things a variety of ways, but Ezekiel having an AP 2 force sword would now be a big deal (whereas that would be just regular fora a force sword in 5E, thus not really too much of a big deal). A power/force sword...that effectively ignores armor saves?! Oh boy! :P

• 2 weeks later...
So what is the Halberd of Caliban's stats anyway? I've heard on Natfka that it's S +1 AP3 Unwieldy - which would make it worse than an axe! I've also heard that it's AP2 from Natfka, can anyone clear this up?

+2 S, ap2, strike at initiative, pretty nasty actually with all things considering, but it is two handed so no bonus to attack for two weapons. Also replaces gun, so the champion can't shoot.

+2 S, ap2, strike at initiative, pretty nasty actually with all things considering, but it is two handed so no bonus to attack for two weapons. Also replaces gun, so the champion can't shoot.

Follow up, with the Halberd, can he get a storm shield, or is that it?

I'm guessing that is it because the halberd is 2 handed

Archived