Daemon Prince with Wings and The Brand

Smurfalypse

I would not do something like that. Maybe I'm wrong, but for me DP is close combat unit, and I would not like spending so many points on shooting for close combat unit. I am using sorc+5 raptors with 2 plasmaguns as mobile shooting platform.

Basically boils down to a more expensive, not as good baledrake. Not that that's a terrible thing, especially if you're already maxing baledrakes and you just want to be silly, but...

The prince just pays too many points for combat stats, so I find myself compelled to push the close combat angle as hard as possible on him using a black mace.

I have to agree here. Though the flying and such can be rather powerful, you are actually going to want to get your prince into an assault asap in order to hide from instadeath weapons like railguns.

Actually, the burning brand does give us a uniquely powerful weapon, so I wouldn't count it in the "no take" category. It's more a problem with trying to find the right way to use it since we are so busy thinking about assault lords (and rightly so because of challenge rules).

Archived