Aight, playing Chaos again, questions

Zhukov

at under 2k always not enough points.worse thing is you cant realy do a thing about it . technicly you could juggle points and take 2 lords instead of the second spawn unit or cut some pms and run a 2ed drake , but the list always feels odd.

I dont know how they were testing this , but I am unable to make an under 2k points chaos list I would be happy with . oddly enough I can make a under 2k points DA army , which wont be more powerful , but feels more ... for the lack of better words .. right.

I get exactly what you mean man, it's sad. I did my best ^^ But it's oke, I'll have fun with this army for a while. I'll just wait for a more interesting codex to arrive, or maybe just go for DA, depends on how many people jump on that wagon.

Basicly: When it's pretty much impossible to make lists which feel right, then that means you're working with overpriced units :/

I've been pretty happy with this at 1500pts:

Biker Lord of Nurgle with P/F, L/C, 4++

Level 3 Biomancy Sorc with TDA, Force Axe, Power Sword, VotLW

10 x CSM with Boltgun, BP & CCW, VotLW. 2 x Melta. Champ with L/C & MB's

5 x Plague. 2 x Plasma

5 x Plague. 2 x Plasma

3 x Bikers of Nurgle. 2 x Melta

BaleDrake

2 x Oblits of Nurgle

5 x Havocs of Nurgle. 4 x Autocannon

ADL with Quad Gun.

A few extra points to bulk out the odd unit would be nice for a touch of bad-roll contingency, but it feels quite nice at that points level. I actually quite liked it with Flamers rather than Melta's on the unmarked CSM, but with the Baledrake they felt a bit spare-wheel-ish.

melta on footslogging csm , is that wise ?

Not particularly, but I've got an okay amount of Plasma and after a couple of games in which there was plasma death and a lack of pushing them forwards when they should have done (my flaw, encouraged by the range of the Plasma) I wanted something else on them. Now, admittedly, the Melta's haven't been used *that* much (there have been whole games without them firing before dying), but the LC and Melta-Bombs on the champ has proven useful enough and for that odd game where there's been a Drop Pod planted in the backfield and I've been able to do something about it quickly without disrupting other elements, it's been good.

When Huron replaces the Sorc, they get reduced in size, the champ gets a combi-melta and they're put in a Rhino with combi-melta and Havoc Launcher. It's 'okay', but the lack of starting numbers on the board can be pretty horrible.

Not trying to be angry or offensive, but I'm a little glad it didn't work out too well simply because it (as noted before) didn't jive with my play experience. I very much appreciate the honesty of the post, though; I hope you can work out a system that you like.

Archived