All hail to the Gunslingers!

For my LPC vow, I chose to paint my squad of Gunslingers. They're a Blood Angels Honor Guard with eight Plasma Pistols that exist for no reason beside sheer awesomeness.

Unpainted:

med_gallery_57129_6826_3589511.png

Primed, basecoated, and with plasma painted:

med_gallery_57129_6826_192929.jpg

You'll notice in this last image that I have one of them with his robe painted white. This is part of an experiment I'm running with the Gunslingers. I want their robes to be white, but I'm not yet sure whether I will get better results from multiple layers of white or from starting with Bronzed Flesh (the color I've used for Dark Angels robes).

Here's a comparison, after I painted the base skin tone onto the squad:

gallery_57129_6826_68615.jpggallery_57129_6826_20470.jpg

There is one item that, if anyone particularly cares to offer advice, I would like some input on. With the way that I construct the Narthecium for the Sanguinary Priests, I am left with this blob where a bit of tubing might be. I'm not entirely sure what to do with it; one option that has struck me is to make is seriously just tubing by drilling out the middle. Here's the problem spot:

gallery_57129_6826_3031.jpg

What is the plan for them, rules-wise i mean?

They're a Blood Angels Honor Guard. Eight plasma pistols and one Sanguinary Novitiate. No, I don't expect them to be good, just entertaining. :huh:

The other thing- i can't quite make out what's on the third pic- any chance for a clearer shot?
same here, the problem is the marine in the backround or rather his foot. the camera seems to have focused on that instead of the part in question.

Sorry, but I don't own a quality camera so I had to borrow a friend's, and I was in a bit of a rush when taking these pictures, so I didn't have time to get everything right. I'll get some better-quality pics up as soon as I get the chance to take them! :)

Here's an older (pre-priming) pic of that Sanguinary Novitiate. It's from a different angle, though, so it's a little difficult to see what I was asking about:

med_gallery_57129_6826_33575.jpg

Underneath the metal pieces is a roundish bit of brown stuff that I used to make some cabling. I'm just not sure whether I should leave it as-is (looking almost like a drum magazine) for more of a "this is part of the device" idea or drill out the middle to make it just tubing.

Sorry, Ch@oZ, but I'm not really sure what you're asking about with the third picture.

i think i would cut the whole part (brown stuff and metal behind) and do some brown or green stuff cabling.

It looks decently like cabling already; I wouldn't have to cut the whole part off and replace it.

from what i can gather you can drill it out, the cable twisting around the machine should look fine.

My main concern with the drill-out-the-center option is that it could look strangely vulnerable to have such important tubes/cabling hanging away from the device like that. I'm starting to think that that's mostly in my head, though. I'll give it a shot.

Where is the Gunslingers rule? I thought it was a Space Wolves thing, I couldn't find it in the mini-rule book.

It's a subsection of Pistols - p.52, left column.

Why am I reminded of this?

[image]

Dunno. I'm not familiar with those guys.

Can't wait to see them painted.

Glad you're excited. Don't get your hopes up too high, though; I'm not exactly a high-quality painter. :huh:

This is a cool idea, and I'm glad to see some modeling for "the Awesome" of it.

Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying things. :D

Are you going to add in jump packs? Now that would be awesome...

Yes, they are going to have jump packs. Those are mostly painted, though I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing with them. I'll throw in a pic of the packs next time I update the work in progress.

• 3 weeks later...

I know I'm kinda necro-ing this thread, but I figured that that's a preferable option to making a second thread for the second WIP update for my LPC vow. As the B&C Gallery has been down for some time, I posted the pics over on my tumblr. My apologies for that link leading only to the tumblr as a whole, but I can't find a way to link to that post as a whole (as my comments on painting the minis are already there). Links to the images without explanation or caption, though, are as follows: Squad, side view, squad leader, Sanguinary Novitiate, squad veteran, new guys, jump packs, and Sanguinary Novitiate's JP.

Also, for my Liber buddies: Those decorative bits hanging down from the two new guys' left arms? I decided that they're extra charges of plasma since the Honor Hold Special makes the pistols run out of ammo more quickly. msn-wink.gif (I have not yet painted them blue.)

EDIT: Found a way to link to the post! Link is here! :)

Archived