Do successors get toys too?

Julgolax

I've been looking at some of the more exotic patterns of Predators, Land Raiders, Dreadnoughts, and I've been wondering if these have ever been passed along to later foundings. Not just Mortis dreadnoughts but Contemptor Dreadnoughts, Executioner and Infernus Predators, Achilles, Prometheus, and Helios Land Raiders, Land Speeder Storms, Damocles Rhinos, and Stronos Razorbacks.

I realize that gifts are exchanged and all that but I imply more on a vehicle squad basis, in groups of 3 or more, and more than one dreadnought shell.

Any lore for an answer or informed theory?

I'd suggest that 2nd Founding Chapters would've scored most of that loot, being that they're all really just DA. Anything after that are supplied by the AdMech with only the training cadre coming from the parent chapter. That doesn't mean later founding can't have those relics, Consecrators being point in case, imo, it would be rarer and in fewer numbers.

Cheers,

Jono

Not sure on Heresy Era vehicles in a squadron amount, but I'm sure that a hull or two may have changed hands. To be honest, the Dark Angels may be some of the most likely (at this time) to have multiple squadrons of these types of vehicles, so they may have passed more on to Successors than other Legions, as it appears they are going with the "Dark Angels have more archaeotech than others" thought. It definitely appears that Heresy Era material has passed to possession of the Consecrators, although it is possible that they are re-consecrating Fallen equipment to the Emperor's service. Perhaps you could take a similar stance with your lore for a DiY, that while not possessing as much Heresy-tech as the Consecrators, they have been passed much tech for safe keeping or tribute for hunting the Fallen, etc.

Eh, current fluff would indicate that all successors (who are part of the Unforgiven) have access.

I was kinda surprised to read in the Badab War books that the Lamentors get access to Baal Preds and have Death Companies (which older fluff never seemed to suggest).

Also, from the Badab War books I get the impression that the Fire Angels might have Dark Angels geneseed, but they don't seem to follow the typical unforgiven structuring, or knowledge of the Fallen.

Archived