Limited Editon or Regular edition?

HsojVvad

I keep reading posts about people getting the Limited Edition. I have to ask, is why? By the time taxes are considered, in, I will be paying about $70 Cnd for regular and about $125 for limited. So why would I want to almost pay 50% more for a limited edition just for a few more pics and a worthless piece of paper saying XXXX out of 2000. Since Chaos Limited Edition had 2 of them is some of them, it shows the paper is just thrown in.

So is it really worth an extra $40 for that peice of thrown in paper? If it was actually embossed in the book, that would be different but it's not. I rather be getting new DA minis for that.

So am I missing something here? What will you be getting and why?

about the only thing I heard that was interesting was that the back inside cover had a page that list many fallen, and next to some of the names it says "captured". From a fluff stand point would be neat to have, but one simple photocopy of that page would satisfy my need and save me 50 bucks

AS I have said elsewhere the DA LE codex is better value than the LE Chaos codex. It's not just a black & white image. There is going to be some different material on the cover and they will have a nice Dustcover. It's still a bit pricey, I think it should be at the most $80 if not closer to $70, but it's better than the Chaos one they did. Also I thought the Chaos LE Codex was $100.... I may have been remembering price wrong.

Couldn't resist the temptation...

Ordered the LE, sadly I will probably buy two of the regular codex's also.

I like to take the Army List pages and put them in clear sheet protectors and a notebook.

Ever since my C:SM fell to pieces, i have done this.

It also allows me to make .pdfs and load on my laptop/tablet.

LE

I'm a sucker for that sorta thing. Also, it might been another decade or so before our next upgrade, so might as well get it for posterity. (And silver embossing on black cover looks sweet.)

But yeah, probably not worth the money. To repeat myself..

I'm a sucker.

i have the regular edition as i couldnt get the limited one due to it being sold out... meh i dont mind its still a great DA codex... read it through twice now ~grins~ we finally have a codex and models to be proud of including the slightly dubious LS Vengeance lolz!

peace

Archived