DA Codex revelations (fluff)

Grotsmasha

3rd edition Codex: Dark Angels (original printing), last page:

Inner Circle: Supreme Grand Master, Grand Masters, Interrogator-Chaplains, Librarians, Masters.

Deathwing: Master, Chaplain, Apothecary, Standard Bearer, 20 Terminator Squads, Dreadnoughts, Land Raiders.

Ravenwing: Master, Chaplain, Apothecary, Standard Bearer, Attack Bikes, Land Speeders, Bikes (no numbers specified).

So we did have numbers for the Deathwing, we didn't for the Ravenwing.

Then again, I don't have Codex: Angels of Death within reach right now, so maybe we got Ravenwing numbers in there, but I doubt it.

Do note, however, that Deathwing Terminator Squads in 3rd edition could be 5-10 models, so in theory, it said we had 200 marine in our 1st company, along with enough suits of TDA to equip them all.

Thank you for reminding me, It was more of an argument for me back in the day to this day, that there wasn't "100 deathwing terminators in our 1st company", as I was adamant about this, but indeed. I'm glad that this is even more cleared up, and I'll add that in AoD codex of the 2nd edition was just as shady for Ravenwing and Deathwing(nothing conclusive, hence I kind of stayed there to my own ill-kept stubbornness tongue.png ).

- All in all I concur with Shadowguard. As for me:

Vetock delivered us something that gave us indepth, more "fluffy" marines. Instead of bringing things over-the-top. I am more than pleased with everything we have now, and this is the first time that I'm willing to put old grudges I have harbored throughout the years towards the retcon/fluffwise development of the Dark Angels at peace. I am completely happy with this book, even if everything might be slightly splintered with some rules all-around.

Best book to date since 2nd edition, and exceeding it in my books overall(now if I could only get Naaman back).

- I'm taking out my boys from the mothball they were in since 2007/2008, today. I'll be delivering my Battlefleet Gothic Armada to full fighting strength. Battle Barge "His Undying Fury" and her support craft are getting a new paintjob. The Dark Angels are going to war... and the Tau will be my first target of a spearhead.

Archived