Nephilim and Missile Lock.

Arthrynn

its in the printed codex... missile lock is one of the special rules for the Nephilim jet fighter... its in the Angels of Death section at the back of the codex under the fast attack entry for it...

I know, that's what I'm saying: the rule being in the printed version was a mistake, because it doesn't do anything, so they've corrected in the digital version, which doesn't have the same lead times and can be corrected before release.

There's no mention of the rule on the GW web site either.

Regardless, even if it had the rule, it wouldn't do anything, because it doesn't have any missiles that scatter.

My guess, at one point the missiles may have been Blast. I'm really hoping they get the Errata up soon. I don't mind needing one for a new Codex, I can forgive some, but I really think that there may have been some questionable last minute design decisions changed, and I'd like to see some things fixed.

My guess is that this was originally the difference between the missiles and the mega-bolter. The missiles gave blast. Then they realized that in air-to-air this caused problems by being a blast weapon, so they removed blast leaving it with 2 S6 AP 4 weapons, the mega-bolter and the missiles. This has caused people in other threads to suggest a possible typo and that the missile should have been S8. Either build, S6 blast missiles or S8 missiles, would make more sense than the doubling up on S6 AP 4 weapons that they ended up with.

My guess is that this was originally the difference between the missiles and the mega-bolter. The missiles gave blast. Then they realized that in air-to-air this caused problems by being a blast weapon, so they removed blast leaving it with 2 S6 AP 4 weapons, the mega-bolter and the missiles. This has caused people in other threads to suggest a possible typo and that the missile should have been S8. Either build, S6 blast missiles or S8 missiles, would make more sense than the doubling up on S6 AP 4 weapons that they ended up with.

Even Strength 7 would be acceptable.

And the Rift Cannon makes me sad.

Archived