New Predator load out

DrD

New Predator load out

Right so just got back into 40k after being out for 6 years and looks like I got my timing just right, not only for the new Codex but also for the Campaign of Fire. My local club is running the campaign and we had our first game last night, 2 v 2 game for me with Space Wolves (oh so much banter on that count) against Tau and Orks. By turn 4 we had killed every single unit they had for very few casualties of our own. So great start.

Here is the thing though, I will be bringing in a Predator in the next round and need it to be a good fit in an army that uses 2 or three tac squad, some DW but no RW (this is due to the campaign and also just steadily building my army adding some new units each month). So I would please like some advice, which Pred load out would you choose and why. Also any tactical pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

Well I, myself, prefer the Annihaltor, all lascannons to use for tank hunting. My SW friend like the Destructor for infantry chasing. It really depends on what role you want it to fill a mix with autocannonon top and las on the sides if you want a bit of both.

Yeah that is the thing, I love my plasma but feel I'm still short of LC's to take on enemy armour. However, I am not totally sure if I want to spend all that many points on something with a short life expectancy.

I favour the autocannon turret with lascannon sponsons. It's a flexible and capable tank hunter and not too expensive. The all-lascannon load-out is just too expensive for day-to-day use. I only bring that out for Apocalypse games where I need every lascannon I can get.

Archived