Deathwing Terminators combi weapons?

jocke01

Hi

My buddy got the new codex today and man are my chaos doomed.wallbash.gif

But to my question. In the dark angels wargear page under terminator weapons it sais: "any model with terminator armor can replace their storm bolter for a combi weapon for 5-6p.

And the thing is It's not really clear if Deathwing Terminators can take combi weapons or not since it dosen't say so in their profile in the army list section but the only requirement for this is to have a terminator armor.

And the Hq's that can take terminator armor get's a line like " name can take wepons from terminator weapons. This makes me think that only the Hq's can take combi weapons.

So I think that Deathwing terminators can't take combi weapons even though it sais so in the wargear section because this line above, but by friend isn't sure so what do you guys think?

Sry that I don't have the page numbers I don't have the codex here.

Nothing gives Deathwing Terminators access to the Terminator Weapons Wargear list, so no they can't. You need access to the wargear in the first place to follow the rules under it - you start from the unit entry, not the wargear. Compare with the Company Master, Librarian or Interrogator-Chaplain entries - that's what it looks like when a unit has access to Terminator Weapons.

As Lucien said DW TDA have not access to Terminator Weapons gear so, a part from the special weapons they can take, they have to use storm bolters and trust me they are powerful enough even without combi weapons msn-wink.gif

I'm just writing down a DW/RW hybrid list and it seems they can hurt a lot. Not only "poor CSM"....

Your chaos are doomed but for another reason or reasons! First we hate now officialy and second everything in our codex costs cheaper than bubble gums. So dont worry about combi weapons!

I got the same impression when I first read the entry. It refers to the special chars equiped with terminator armor, not the terminator squads themselves. Fear not though! Evenwithout combi weapons now we want to deepstrike our stormbolter squads near you! What does that sound? Scared yet? I can make it even more scary!

Archived