Pre-Bone White Deathwing Color Query

Thunder_god

Hi all.

What was the color scheme of the Deathwing before the bone white days? I know the story of how the armor came to be coated in ashes, but was the base colors black, much akin to the pre-heresy colors?

I ask, b/c I'm going to make a small Deathwing force to ally with my archaic/heresey era Wolves. The uneasy (or was it allies of convienence?) rule is perfectly in character for the two forces.

All-in-all, thank you for the info & replies. I will post WIP shots as the models come together.

Will

Well there is some slight variance. There is a chance that GW will say for certain that it's white. There was an Index Astartes from a bout a 8 years ago that said it was White Iconography. Most people go with the old RT pics of the DA TDA in black with red Icon.

This we won't know for sure untill FW HH book comes out or BL says more on Iconography color from HH books.

I go with Red personally. :lol:

Well there is some slight variance. There is a chance that GW will say for certain that it's white. There was an Index Astartes from a bout a 8 years ago that said it was White Iconography. Most people go with the old RT pics of the DA TDA in black with red Icon.

This we won't know for sure untill FW HH book comes out or BL says more on Iconography color from HH books.

I go with Red personally. laugh.png

same, I go with red.

However, I reckon we will get both red and white iconography in the FW book ;)

Archived