[Errata] Bugs, misprints, omissions, et al

Kastor Krieg

Still no answer to the issue of Techmarines still being able to take DW and RW command squads. I hope they close this hole sooner than later. They cannot take PA command Squads, one would "assume" they shouldnt be able to take DW or RW ones either...

Still no answer to the issue of Techmarines still being able to take DW and RW command squads. I hope they close this hole sooner than later. They cannot take PA command Squads, one would "assume" they shouldnt be able to take DW or RW ones either...

A Techmarine cannot take TDA and therefore has no ability to take a Deathwing Command Squad any way, per the DWCS rule stating "For each HQ choice in your army equipped with Terminator armour (...) you may include a Deathwing Command Squad."

There's no hole for DWCSs + Techmarine.

How could they have missed this again? Did they copy and paste from the old Codex without reading the FAQ they themselves made?

Page 98 – Company Veteran Squad, wargear.

Replace the first four options with:

“• May include up to five additional Veterans ....18 pts/ model

• Any model may replace his boltgun or

bolt pistol with a chainsword ....................................................free

• Any model may replace his boltgun with one of the following:

- Storm bolter ......................................................... 5 pts/model

- Combi-flamer, -melta or -plasma ...................... .10 pts/model

- Power weapon, lightning claw or plasma pistol 15 pts/model

- Power fist ............................................................. 25 pts/model

- Pair of lightning claws ........................................ 30 pts/model

• Any model may take:

- Combat shield ...................................................... 5 pts/model

- Melta bombs ......................................................... 5 pts/model

- Storm shield ......................................................... 10 pts/model”

At any rate I'm glad they changed it again. Gunfighter vets are back.

Another interesting change is that:

“• The Ravenwing Huntmaster may replace his corvus hammer

with a power sword or power maul...................................12 pts”.

They remove the option of Power Axes and Power Lances here. I wonder if there will be a future codex with Lance Bikers to be different from out Corvus Hammers and Sword Mauls.

and I am sad about this ^^^^ I miss 3rd ed DA DW command being able to have a TechMarine in TDA. All it was really was a DW with a ServoArm but still.

Agreed, it is a very cool set up, IMO. There was a pretty neat TDA TechMarine on the WD Daily a while back (think it was the same one that had the Imperial Fist Terminator with a plasma cannon) and it got me to thinking about one again. I think you could realistically model one on a Terminator body because both TDA and artificer armor have a 2+ save. If you give him a conversion, displacer, or power field and there's almost no difference. If you stick him in with the DWCS, he can't Sweeping Advance anyway, etc. Bob's your uncle and you have an awesome model. :D

Found them, here's a couple of links:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/blog.jsp?pid=2300176-gws

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/blog.jsp?pid=3700016-gws

Archived