Standard of Devastation

Cypher 102

So I got to thinking about the Standard of Devastation. I got around to hurricane bolters and each one putting out twelve shots at 24". Then I thought about putting the standard bearer in the crusader and now as per the FAQ the 6" range is now measured from the hull of the land raider. Now at just 672 points I have formation of two squadrons of six Ravenwing each flanking the land raider. Now the whole thing is putting 72 twin linked bolt shots 24" down range while moving. Is anyone else seeing the potential for how stupid this can get?

Where is this FAQ?

3rd edition codex, mind you.

They had slightly different rules as well back in 2nd edition.

Or you need the FAQ for the main rulebook, which should be somewhere on the GW site. (in relation to characters inside transports and measurements from the model/hull)

I remember those. They also worked for all rapid fire weapons not just boltguns.

3rd edition has it as all weapons, fired as if having moved, and used in the assault phase.

The Standard of Fortitude has it with rapid fire weapons, and allowing them to fire as if stationary, even if they moved (so not nearly as powerful).

Retribution was re-roll failed to-hit rolls in the assault phase, once per battle.

Can't remember the specifics for the 2nd edition incarnations, except that it was with units within 4" rather than 6" (movement speed of most units was 4" back then).

Archived