Mace of Redemption

Guardian of the Rage

Hi All,

Just checking my sanity with others. So far as I can see, the Mace of Redemption is an excellent choice, and arguably the best by a considerable margin; especially for the cost. I know that comparing items across codexes is wrong, but...

30 points for a relic blade in the SM codex

30 points for a relic blade with and addition +1 strength, concussive, blind and AP2 against C:CSM (admittedly only one can be taken) in C:DA

I simply cannot see past it, the only downside is the situational AP2; Am I missing something?

GotR

I second that, just don't jinx it before Matt Ward makes all combat blades like this is a new SM codex.

I can see it now. When not in the mood to punch and kick their enemies to a bloody pulp, the mightiest of all things ever, the Ultramarines, whip out their Swiss Army Knives of Redemption granting them +4 S, AP2, Blind, Concussive, Bane of: Everything not blue. They are also the masters of opening cans of whoop ass and removing staples from logistic reports with one of the blades many handle fitted attachments. All at a cost of 29 points.

Until then, to the OP, you're not getting it wrong or missing anything. The MoR is just a really nice option :)

Archived