Darkshroud Compounding, Broken?

Slavik

The Darkshoud gives Shroud to itself and Stealth to models within 6". If you take two Darkshrouds, each one gets Shroud and Stealth added to their 5+ Jink cover save. This means they would each have 2+ Cover saves. Furthermore, Any near them speeder/bike gets a 3+ cover saves. Any vehicle that pops smoke would get 2+ Cover.The limitings factor would be the limited range and ordanance weapons.

Does this work? If so, has anyone looked at using it? I was thinking running the combo with 2 Vindicators. And a RW Support Squadron. The Speeder screens enough of the Vindicator to get them 5+ cover and +2 for the Darkshrouds.

Wouldn't bikes only go to 4+?

Assuming jink save + stealth.

Since the way I read it, either you have stealth, or you don't.

E.g. it doesn't stack with itself.

Still a good way to protect those Darkshrouds, though.

Stealth and shrouding do stack though. The darkshrouds have shrouding, and give stealth. So what he's saying is they would now have stealth from the other speeder, and shrouding. I haven't really read the rules regarding the darkshroud closely, but it seems like it would work.

Cover saves can be 2+ at best. Otherwise, behind reinforced ruins, TB jinking, etc., sky is the limit. Yes, 160 pts for 2 DerpSpeeders give you a moving wall of 2+ or 3+ cover save on EVERYTHING withi 6" of these. Awesome.

Stealth and shrouding do stack though. The darkshrouds have shrouding, and give stealth. So what he's saying is they would now have stealth from the other speeder, and shrouding. I haven't really read the rules regarding the darkshroud closely, but it seems like it would work.

Yep, it will work, but the stacking will only happen on the DerpSpeeders themselves, Stealth won't stack on what's below and around them. Still, a very nice wall of cover.

Cover saves can be 2+ at best. Otherwise, behind reinforced ruins, TB jinking, etc., sky is the limit. Yes, 160 pts for 2 DerpSpeeders give you a moving wall of 2+ or 3+ cover save on EVERYTHING withi 6" of these. Awesome.

Kind of an invitation for my Whirlwind battery, though...

haha you said derpspeeder :D

The rule says the Speeder is Shrouded and that it gives out Stealth, which does not affect itself. So the DerpSpeeder's cover is enhanced by 2 and surrounding units' save by 1. The army listing's wargear Stealth rule is a misprint, which I will promptly place in the Errata.

haha you said derpspeeder biggrin.png

Tbh, I think that Dashspeeder would be more appropriate, or at least 20% cooler (hope I don't get send to cell 42 for saying that).

The rule says the Speeder is Shrouded and that it gives out Stealth, which does not affect itself. .

I got the iPad version and the rule doesn't say it does not affect itself.

Shroud of Angels "The Ravenwing Darkshroud has the Shrouded special rule. In addition, all friendly units within 6" of one or more Ravenwing Darkshrouds gain the Stealth special rule."

"Cover save bonuses from the Shrouded and Stealth special rules are cumulative (to a maximum of a 2+ cover save)."

"All friendly units within 6" include other Darkshrouds, which are friendly units. In fact, it's so broken, all friendly units within 6" include itself. See banner where all friendly units within 12" get a buff, which buff the unit holding the banner; eg itself.

Personally, I don't think Darkshroud should get the Stealth, but the wording lend itself to it getting Stealth, including buffing itself.

Archived