Skittle's 2013 LPC WIP

S.k.i.t.t.l.e

Well I've been quite busy recently, but I've managed to 'finish' my Company Master (but thats another topic biggrin.png) and have managed to get my Deathwing squad up to this stage: (Hopefully this will work)

http://www.facebook....41021111&type=3

Had to link it to my FB page as we can't use the gallery at the mo, and I'm not starting a flickr/imageshack account or whatever just for this update... biggrin.png

Will update and have more info in the future. Obviously.

Very nice, the Master is excellent. Good use of more subtle colours, it suits the dark aesthetic of the Chapter.

I recently painted a small Deathwing Army for a commission and I used an airbrush for the first couple of layers. I found it so much easier and quicker than base coating with a brush. Are you going for a bone colour, or a more whitish grey?

Mike.

Thanks for checking them out guys. They are a cream colour really, I was just gonna use it as a highlight, but I thought the Bleached Bone was a bit warm looking, so I did a bit more than just highlight with it. I will try and get something setup so I can get clearer pictures for next time.

• 1 month later...

Finally finished my DW squad! And started prepping my Tac squad (gotta be done in 2 weeks....?)

Ok.... B&C wasn't uploading my pictures... Hmm....

Just head on over to my FB page (link is in the signature) you don't even have to have joined FB as it's a public page. WIP as well as final shots of all the squad are there.

I'll try and get something uploaded here later. :D

I might get this done in time.....!

Hahaha.

Tac Squad based, etc. Will check for any missed mould lines tomorrow, then primed and basecoated hopefully. biggrin.png

<Edit> Just to point out the guy on the far right has a small pile of weapons at his feet because he is magnetised to be able to switch out to any of the special weapons or even just a bolter. :)

gallery_63768_8274_1881832.jpg

Whew... What a censored.gif ing PITA that was... Trying to prime my Tactical Squad with GW's Imperial Primer with my airbrush.... Was soooo damn lumpy it took me 20 minutes of stirring and shaking to get it to a usable level. For future reference - buy the right primer.... :/

I bought it along with all the stuff I needed to paint, before I had an airbrush... And the Mrs is always freaking out about my spending money so I didn't bother with getting some real airbrush primer, I figured I'd just thin it and it'd be ok.... Ha. Well I won £11.60 on the lotto, that'll cover some new primer and delivery charges I reckon. :D

And thanks about the DW. :)

Archived