Does that forcefield generator thing work on vehicles?

Token

There doesn't seem to be any indication in the new codex as to what the device looks like.

I think it's left up to your imagination, perhaps it takes the form of a shield, or one of those angel statues the veterans get in their kit [that way it can be put on the Techmarine's backpack.]?

What I want to know is if it's effects work on a vehicle the Techie is embarked in, indeed does it spread it's radius from the hull of the vehicle like the sacred standards? I'm assuming yes. XD

• 3 weeks later...

Land Riader Crusader w. a 4+ invul bubble and salvo 2/4 hurricane bolters....ill take that.

The heck with one, take three and have a Dark Talon hover behind to also benefit from the 4++ and Salvo 2/4 ;) A glorious way to spend 1,000 pts...

That is dirty. Im assuming belial in one with a squad, techmarine with command squad in another. But radiers are pretty wide, its gonna be tough to fit 3 abreast with terrain in the way. I do like the idea of a hovering flyer in the invul space benefitting from a banner and blinding enemies who are getting assaulted by termies and bikes. Now thats synergy.

That is dirty. Im assuming belial in one with a squad command squad in another. But radiers are pretty wide, its gonna be tough to fit 3 abreast with terrain in the way. I do like the idea of a hovering flyer in the invul space in the.

That's what Dozer Blades are for my friend! There might be an argument that if they fail their dangerous terrain test they can get a 4++ save, but I wouldn't support it. Since the rule book says instantly immobilized. But still, dozer blades! tongue.png

I would shove the techmarine inside the LR with a command squad though. Then the buff for both the generator and the standard extend from the hull. Also the techie can repair from inside any missed weapons or hull points.

And something for your brainstorming: What happens if we replace the generator with a displacer field? Does the techie teleport outside the vehicle?

If a model with a displacer field is inside a transport vehicle he won't be required to make any invulnerable saves, so the displacer field won't trigger and he won't be teleported to anywhere.

If a model with a displacer field is inside a transport vehicle he won't be required to make any invulnerable saves, so the displacer field won't trigger and he won't be teleported to anywhere.

Ok...So, you know that....Yes but.....

Ok I concede. I am THAT stupid.....

EDIT: Found it ha! Can it be used for perils of the warp akin to a GK staff? If it can and is inside the vehicle?

Don't look at me with that mean look I am trying to save whats left of my pride here.

I wanted to point something out with the regard to the PFG. It grants all units (enemy and friendly) a 4++ so it might not be as readily taken as we might expect, since if you can get inside the 3" radius youve nullified low ap weaponry. Food for thought.

EDIT: Found it ha! Can it be used for perils of the warp akin to a GK staff? If it can and is inside the vehicle?

Don't look at me with that mean look I am trying to save whats left of my pride here.

No saves on penis of the warp, only FnP.

No saves on penis of the warp, only FnP.

EDIT that last bit

geek.gif

Archived