"Counts as" Nephilim?

Piousservant

I’ve grudgingly come to the conclusion that my Ravenwing will need some air support in the form of a Nephilim Jetfighter but I’m not a big fan of the model (though it is easily the least worst marine aircraft GW have released so far). I do like, however, the FW Voss pattern Lightning. Which is also conveniently very similarly armed to the Nephilim, just needing the Hvy Bolters to be added, though I’ve no idea how it compares in size (but I’d think it must be similar). Do you think it would be a reasonable “counts as” if I used the Voss Lightning instead of the stock model?

I think a couple of inches wingspan longer and the back tail section is about an inch or so wider on the Voss. Fuelsilage is about the same length it looks from the pictures. Just my gathering of the pictures. If at worse case scenario you get the voss and it's waaaay bigger, you now have a nice IG flyer. :lol:

E-mail ForgeWorld and ask them about the dimensions?

I would be okay with it in a game. Model-wise, I'm wondering how to attach the heavy bolters. A two three-barrel rotary cannons in cowlings on either side of the cockpit set forward might look cool.

If at worse case scenario you get the voss and it's waaaay bigger, you now have a nice IG flyer. laugh.png

Great!! teehee.gif

E-mail ForgeWorld and ask them about the dimensions?

I would be okay with it in a game. Model-wise, I'm wondering how to attach the heavy bolters. A two three-barrel rotary cannons in cowlings on either side of the cockpit set forward might look cool.

Thanks, I will do and see what they say (though I've no idea what the actual Nephilim dimensions are...!). Yeah I'm not 100% sure how to add them on yet, but I figure there is enough room at the front to mount them somewhere. I was kinda thinking the heavy bolters from the Master of the Ravenwings land speeder might fit okay up forward in front of the cockpit but I'm not sure.

Archived