Conversions Central

captain sox

Hello,

first off, I hope this is OK to have a dedicated Dark Angel conversion post (mods please close or move if this is against the rules, overkill, etc). I think we will be seeing a lot of cool ideas for conversions with all the new kits out, and rather than searching indivual posts, we have one dedicated conversion post.

If you'll allow me, I'll post my first of 2 Belial models. I don't use magnets... I like to spend $ I guess :)

TH/SS Built from the DW Command Box

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq25/ConductorSam/P1210655_zps3cfbbbcd.jpg

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq25/ConductorSam/P1210657_zpsb640cd40.jpg

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq25/ConductorSam/P1210658_zps0aa56068.jpg

Please ignore the blue tack, as I am going to paint him before final assembly.

Very nice, I knew a decent Belial could be pulled off from that kit no prob.

As far as Belial conversions go specifically, we do have this - http://www.bolterand...howtopic=149901

But I guess if this is general DA conversion thread, it's a little different.

Thanks, I'm doing another with the Sword and Storm bolter too.

I'm hoping this is more of a general DA conversions thread, for all Wings and models, not just HQ, etc. A one stop DA Converting shop! (for models not players or Xenos)

I like to covert a lot. I made my own Deathwing and Ravenwing Command Squads out of the Dark Vengeance box set (which now leaves all the goodies in their actual command squad boxes to be used for other types of units!), and I made my own DA Librarian seconded to the Deathwatch a little while ago. I'd post pictures, but I'm not sure how to find my gallery with this revamped forum.

This is a great idea for a topic Captain Sox. thumbsup.gif

My cataphractii Deathwing Knights are still work in progress but the initial test-fit can be seen in my PtR/LPC thread "]http://www.bolterand...post&p=3282387]here[/url]. I plan to update that soon with some talk about how I'm doing the conversion and maybe even some assembly photos. I know a few people are planning similar conversions so hopefully my experiments will be of interest and use.

I've put in quite a big parts order to make my own Belial.

Oddly, I've probably spent more on parts and shipping than if I'd have just bought the official miniature...

Hopefully should have all the parts by early next week (snow willing), and then the kit bashing can begin!

Cheers,

WW

My Belial conversion.

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/5903/img20130116202824.jpg

Looking good, but if you would like some C&C, I'm not loving the Dread leg play turned shoulder pad. It sorta just looks like it's stuck on there. I've seen it work, but I don't know about this time, maybe because you have the regular shoulder pad under it.

Otherwise, this is exactly what I figured a good Belial made form the DW kit would look like. He practically has all the details, right down to the keys (ableit handing from the sword) and with a scope on his SB, it justifies his 5+ precision shot even better.

My Belial conversion.

Looking good, but if you would like some C&C, I'm not loving the Dread leg play turned shoulder pad. It sorta just looks like it's stuck on there. I've seen it work, but I don't know about this time, maybe because you have the regular shoulder pad under it.

Otherwise, this is exactly what I figured a good Belial made form the DW kit would look like. He practically has all the details, right down to the keys (ableit handing from the sword) and with a scope on his SB, it justifies his 5+ precision shot even better.

Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I want to do with the shoulder pads, I think he needs something different than the other terminators, but just the dread leg seems like it doesn't fit either. I could always order some of those older mark shoulder bits from somewhere else if need be.

My Belial conversion.

Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I want to do with the shoulder pads, I think he needs something different than the other terminators, but just the dread leg seems like it doesn't fit either. I could always order some of those older mark shoulder bits from somewhere else if need be.

I may end up using one of the shoulder pads from the Dark Angels Vets sprue. Specifically the one with the single sword and diagonal slash. I've used that as Belial's personal heraldry in the past, referring to his time as Master of the Third Company.

I agree about practically every Belial conversion being a more appropriate and just flat out better model than the offical version GW gave us.

I'm likely to go the same route with the DW command squad box.

I quite like the idea of using Deathwing Knight torsos to give Terminator Sgt.s a bit of 'bling'.

Mike.

Given the dynamism they put into Astorath and some of the other recent releases, the posing for both Asmodai and Belial is disappointing (that and I remember Asmodai having a power sword and looking proper hardcore with it). I do like the poses done with the DW kits and when I have some pennies (or the parts are individually on ebay) there will be some acquisition.....

To be honest the old model of asmodai could use a little tweeking. Not the current tweeking though. They could have made him like in the angels of darkness cover. Though his backpack IS sick.

Belial has that ''I surrender stance'' and no dinamism in his legs. Must be the most static minie ever.

Though repositioning the arms gives him a bit of...air.

Best thing to do is flood their inbox with Belial convertions, that will nail into their heads some common sense.

Only issue with the old Asmodai model is the size compared to more modern marines. Other that, the old one is miles ahead of the new Asmodai.

A simple leg swap with some new robed legs brings Asmodai bang up to date.

The Lion Shoulderpad from the FW Astral Claws set could arguably be appropriate, but expensive!

I agree that all these look better than GW Belial model. Only thing he's got that's significant is the notice board over his head - but I never like those (especially Finecast) as they're usually the first thing to break when packing/unpacking! Will be picking up a couple of DW Elite boxes soon and between those, my Vet sprue and bitz box will have a go too...

Once the gallery gets fixed I'll get a pic of my commander with Mace of Redemption on bike posted. I played Deathwing last dex so I figured id give ravenwing a go this time. If I don't like it as much the I'll switch back and bash my own Belial together.

Has anyone tried mixing and matching parts and bits from DV and the DW box? How about biked and vehicles? Anyone make a DIY Land Speeder Vengeance?

Yeah, I'm in the process of doing some now- for example, making the plasma cannon marine provided in the DV box into a bike mounted standard bearer. Also in the process of making the DV RW "sergeant" into an apothecary for the same command squad. I can try and get some pictures up if you like.

Archived