Colourful unforgiven? Do they do bright?

spu00sed

Soi have seemed to of started a Dark Angel army (dark vengeance and 5 death wing knights).

I now need to hunk of a colour scheme, so I thought. Would ask the unforgiven.

Originally I thought bout black or silve amour with red tabards, however they are already taken.

I hn housing bout what the dark angels are, at their core they are knights. Knights have bright helarldry colours. Just like bretonnians.

However since I am new to the fold of the unforgiven I am not sure if hey would wear such colours.

I was thinking about bolt gun amour then robes and knee and shoulder pads in reds, blues and yellows.

Each squad having their own palette nod style, but each member having their own spin on it.

They are your guys, paint them as you think best represents how you see them. Personally, I don't see them as the shining knights of Bretonnia, but as I see them, they are warrior-monks and black knights (the Ravenwing ones literally) and so wouldn't use such bright colors. Maybe some (one or two at most).

They already have yellow successors, so whilst as a matter of personal taste I'd avoid white scar white, blood angel red or ultramarine blue, I could quite easily imagine a more revilers grey, word bearers crimson or crimson fists blue, especially if trimmed with a more traditional bone or dark green.

I also don't see them as knights really, definitely monkish and when I think of monks the colour I think of is brown, and there aren't nearly enough brown marines...

Take the best of both, Imagine unpainted armour, so an almost slate grey, but using personal heraldry on shoulder pads and knee pads.

You could get away with using brighter colours on their right shoulder pad denoting that each squad has close sibling connotations, each squad has a different pattern (quartered, chequered, diagonal stripes of blue or yellow), and have a right knee-pad of heraldric colours denoting their company (yellow and blue stripes, red and white quarters, etc etc).

Don't let things stop you from doing what you want with your miniatures, but do bear in mind that having a logical backstory to them, such as eschewing all armour colour, decorations and paraphernalia but maintaining the ancient traditions of their homeworld's history.

Imagine combining Bretonnian heraldry on single plates of armour with the Death Guard's colour scheme.

I think that'd be magnificent.

Come to think of it, if you don't use the idea I definitely will.......

I went convict orange with a DIY DA group for the BotA competition, a white one for a create your own chapter from when I did the Differences of the Successors in 2008 and the Angels of Vigilance are yellow and rumored to be of DA stock.

It can be done.

Archived