Successor Chapter, Greek Hoplite Theme

Ragnarok78

Hi all,

I am brand new to 40k and wanted to make my own successor chapter for the Blood Angels. I wanted to do an ancient greek themed force as I have a bunch of hoplite heads for marines from Chapterhouse. Chapter Symbol will be a Lambda with wings but I was really stuck on a name for the chapter and was toying with the following names:

Sanguinary Spears

Sons of Baal

Spears of Sanguinius

and in less direct reference

Sons of Talos (Talos was a giant made of bronze with wings who died from exsanguination)

Let me know what you guys think works and what doesn't. Really stuck on the damn Chapter Name.

Cheers,

Mike

If you're going down the Greek root I suggest focusing more on a Greek influenced name, tbh, rather than a Blood Angle-y name. How about something like the Sons of Minoa or the Mycenaean Brotherhood? Now, those are only heavy handed examples but they do illustrate what sort of names you might want.

(And if you manage to chuck in a few crafty, and I do mean crafty, Half-Life references, you'll get a slap on the back from me. ;) )

Why not adopt GW official Greek inspired Chapter i.e. the Minotaurs? That way you can have access to a lot of support - from decals and shoulder pads to vehicle doors and special characters! And if the rumors that want the next IA to have a focus on Minotaurs prove correct, there might be more to come! Adopting a official Chapter has its positives! ;)

To continue with the Minotaur advice, you could just use Red Minotaurs, like Red Templars, Red Corsairs (not the best example), etc. Or Blood Bulls, or um... Red Bulls? I guess that's a drink.

Look here for other names. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_bull . I liked the Aurochs (a type of cattle in ancient Mesopotamia), or Moloch (a god who took the form of a bull, so maybe "Sons of Moloch").

Greek themed could also be something like the Red Tridents. Or Sons of Zeus, or other Emperor-synonyms, just like the Space Wolves call the Emperor the AllFather, and half of the Mechanicus think he's the Omnimessiah.

I have a Blood Angels successor Greek themed army as well. Have settled on (so far) Blood Bulls to tie in the Angels with the Minotaur Iconography I have, cause there is now ALOT of Mino themed stuff through Forge World. If I didn't already have the BA specific units - Death Company, Raven, Baal Preds, Libby Termis - I MIGHT have gone straight Minotaur. Could have then used ALL the FW stuff with nothing left out, including the two special characters. Now, I need to take an "Allied" Space Marine force to use them as is, so i can never take other allies. I like BA, I like the assault theme, it fits well with my vision going in when I didn't know anything and was turned onto BA by my friends. If you feel the same, go for it. If you are not commited to BA, think long and hard on straight Minotaurs, it will be easier.

Archived