Special Character Chapter Relics

L30n1d4s

So, what does everyone think of the Chapter Relics that the Special Characters have so far?

I think Azrael got a pretty good kit, including armor, weapons, and Lion Helm

I think Belial is alright with Sword of Silence (at least as one loadout option)

Sammael I think got one of the best of the lot, with good defenses, great bike, good shooting and CC weapons, and of course, Admantium Mantle (AKA Eternal Warrior)

I think Ezekiel has potential with his two Relics

I am concerned about Asmodai's feasibility, given that all he has over a regular Interrogator Chaplain is Fear (a pretty low impact USR) and Blades of Reason

What do you all think?

Overall I think Belial has certainly come out this new codex with a smile on his face (if Dark Angels were known for smiling). Fleshbane on his master-crafted sword? Very tasty against all those nasty Typhus lists doing the rounds at present.

Azrael isn't too bad himself. The problem is how to utilize him to best effect as noted in another thread.

Asmodai doesn't look worth it imo. AP- with instant death is still AP-.

Ezekiel is a decent psyker option now he's been pushed to mastery 3 and can take some meaningful powers but that isn't really down to his relics. Interestingly his most useful relic the Book of Salvation, when used in conjunction with Mind Worm and some of the divination powers can be lethal. Archons, Exarchs? Eat your heart out getting hit on 2s hitting on 5s and striking at best simultainiously.

For me, if Sammael rode a regular bike, he'd almost be a default choice. Corvex is nice but you don't really get the benefits of a jetbike without him being 1 giant bullseye and taking Saberclaw removes almost all his relics. The Ravensword is fantastic for punching through TEQs add that a 4++ and eternal warrior and he's mean indeed.

Archived