What is up with our Chaplains?

Syphid

Why oh why are Chaplains 25 points more expensive than Librarians when they have the same stat line, but Librarians have more wargear, powers, and special rules?

Also, can our Chaplains replace the Crozius with another weapon from the Melee Weapons list? It says "Replace one weapon with..." in the Wargear list

While a standard Chaplain is 25 points more costly than a mastery level 1 Librarian, it costs 35 points to upgrade that Librarian to mastery level 2. It works out in the end.

I would say that they can replace the Crozius, but is it a good idea would be the next question.

And DAT, the OP is talking about the non-Interrogator Chaplains.

Like above ^^^ Yes you can switch out the Crozius. but you have the bolt pistol and the Crozius to be able to switch out. So you could have a dual wielding Lightning Claws Chap/Int-Chap that can not shoot, :lol:

Why oh why are Chaplains 25 points more expensive than Librarians when they have the same stat line, but Librarians have more wargear, powers, and special rules?

Its called the Rosarius. If you look at items which grant a 4+ invulnerable save, both in our codex and the chaos Marine codex, they generally cost 25 points. Librarian doesn't get an invulnerable save! smile.png

If his claws weren't so blunt he would be damned deadly tongue.png

At least he has a pistol in his holster msn-wink.gif

s

Those are lead-based lightning claws from the 1980s so it's quite a surprise they have any shape at all!

If his claws weren't so blunt he would be damned deadly tongue.png

At least he has a pistol in his holster msn-wink.gif

s

Those are lead-based lightning claws from the 1980s so it's quite a surprise they have any shape at all!

:lol: I have a few of those that have held up pretty well. lqtm and some from the late 90's

I think the real question is why take a Chaplain over and Interrogator Chaplain? The points difference is more than worth the stat increases!

I agree, 20 points for +1 to BS, W, I and A; and you get Fearless and Preferred Enemy Chaos Marines.....and you get access to Terminator armour for a further upgrade.....its a winner! :)

They should have just made our normal chaplains, elite slots, take 1-3 of them, would have been costly, but would have been better and given us a reason to take them. Interrogators are so much better, librarians are almost needed, and then you have masters and all the special characters that still shine above the normal old chaplain.

Well, with Zealot instead of the old Litanies rule, they now grant attack rerolls on the first round of any close combat, not just when they charged. That plus the inv save I think makes them worth their points compared to a standard Libby. But the Int-chaps are still better if you've got the points.

Archived