FAQ v1.2 Out

Jolemai

The Stormraven change to dreads makes sense but the other one, I'm not sure. How does this affect combat squads, etc. I'm not sure they can emabrk together any more. Having said this though, using a Stormraven as a transport is so 5th ed.

Magna grapple rule is there to stop dumb things happening. I don't have an issue. It also seems to be a common sense ruling.

The Stormraven change to dreads makes sense but the other one, I'm not sure. How does this affect combat squads, etc. I'm not sure they can emabrk together any more.

They can in the same way that a Rhino can. Not that anyone would put a 10 man Tactical or Assault Squad in there...

The Stormraven change to dreads makes sense but the other one, I'm not sure. How does this affect combat squads, etc. I'm not sure they can emabrk together any more.

They can in the same way that a Rhino can. Not that anyone would put a 10 man Tactical or Assault Squad in there...

Like I said it's not a big issue as a Stormraven isn't used as a trasnport any more anyway.

Quick question:

Can our Librarians still cast Shield whilst they are embarked?

Not sure but the Eldar FAQ has a ruling saying Farseers can't cast out of a vehicle.

Like I said it's not a big issue as a Stormraven isn't used as a trasnport any more anyway.

Quick question:

Can our Librarians still cast Shield whilst they are embarked?

Not sure but the Eldar FAQ has a ruling saying Farseers can't cast out of a vehicle.

That is for powers that are targeting other units though. Shield is cast on the Librarian.

BRB changes are much more significant though, e.g.:

Q: Blessings are manifested ‘at the start of the Psyker’s Movement

phase’ – does this mean they happen simultaneously with Reserves

rolls, Outflanking rolls etc and if so which is resolved first? (p68)

A: They do occur simultaneously – as such, the player whose

turn it is decides in what order these things occur as per

page 9 of the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook.

edit2:/ forgot about the rule which prevents deepstriking libbies to cast something on the turn they arrive. But it's still possible to deepstrike in something and bless it with a libby that's already on the field then, if I get this right.

edit:/ also interesting:

Q: If a unit of models that are Psykers and armed with force

weapons are affected by the You! You’re a Traitor! result of the

Hallucination psychic power from the Telepathy discipline, does

this force them to spend warp charge points (if they have any

available) and activate their force weapons for the hits they inflict

upon their own unit? (Reference section).

A: Yes.

crappy FAQ:

DC Tycho still very useful.

Special characters with named weapons for 220+ pts are still ap3..

init 5 named charz still have unwildy weaponz

btw: gooD job GW, nice quallityie kantrol witz DA kondegz, so fiew mistokez......

Get over it guys... Dante's I6 means you're practically guaranteed to pass your test to Hit and Run. He needed to hit first before because everyone and his pet banana had a power weapon which made his 2+ save virtually useless, Now comparatively few models have an AP2 CCW, and those that do will, with waht 2 or 3 exceptions in teh entire game, hit at teh same time. So whats changed? If you cant avoid those sergeants with power fists by usign the hcallenge mechanic, then its your own fault. If you charge him into a squad of terminators with TH/SS or power fists he dies, just teh same as he would have died before. If you catch a Chapter master who only has a power sword, or lightning claws, you're laughing whereas before you'd probably both get a pasting...

the biggest one for me acutally comes from the grey knights FAQ that forces the order of operations for instant death inflicted by force weapons and feel no pain. force weapons are now activiated before FNP. I was excited when i could FNP power weapons. thats big for me cause i play against a grey knight player about once a week argh

Get over it guys... Dante's I6 means you're practically guaranteed to pass your test to Hit and Run. He needed to hit first before because everyone and his pet banana had a power weapon which made his 2+ save virtually useless, Now comparatively few models have an AP2 CCW, and those that do will, with waht 2 or 3 exceptions in teh entire game, hit at teh same time.

There are now a plethora of special characters, and even normal 'troops', that have AP2 weapons that swing at normal I. CSM have several, DA have some, the Necrons have their beautiful Warscythes, Dark Eldar have Incubi, Lelith and Drazhar etc. We're still paying 225 points for a special character who has to have at least one other character accompanying him as he will die in any challenge.

I'd like to remind everyone that Dante *can* strike at I6, just not with his Axe Mortalis. He can use his profile for normal Melee attacks (I6 S4 A4 I think) if you are attacking something with very good Invulnerable saves (3+/3++, 2+/3++ etc.)

That is for powers that are targeting other units though. Shield is cast on the Librarian.

Correct

Q: The Farseer Psychic Powers rules state that they do not require the

Eldar Psyker to have line of sight to the target. Does this mean that they

can be used by an Eldar psyker embarked on a Transport? (p28)

A: No.

This also means that the farseer can't cast the blessing on himself. As the faq state that he can't use the power. And not that can't target models outside.

the biggest one for me acutally comes from the grey knights FAQ that forces the order of operations for instant death inflicted by force weapons and feel no pain. force weapons are now activiated before FNP. I was excited when i could FNP power weapons. thats big for me cause i play against a grey knight player about once a week argh

You still can FNP power weapons. Most GK use hammerhand. If theyre not the rule for their FW applies to one model not being able to use FNP. No sweat! The biggest nerf in this regard is actually for corbs.

You still can FNP power weapons. Most GK use hammerhand. If theyre not the rule for their FW applies to one model not being able to use FNP. No sweat! The biggest nerf in this regard is actually for corbs.

GK units with Brotherhood of Psykers test and activate on one roll. So as soon as the first unsaved wound goes through, the entire unit's NFWs may become ID. ICs do test separately, but as long as they have a NFW it happens at the same time as the first unsaved NFW wound done by the combined unit.

Also, as a GK player (they're my 2nd army) I'd probably go for Force Weapons over Hammerhand if up against T4 models with FNP: the loss of unsaved wounds due to FNP saves balances out the increased wounds caused by Hammerhand, and denying FNP means my opponent can't get a hot hand with the dice and end up saving more models than they should. It also leaves less of a chance that I'll overkill the enemy unit and get left out in the open during my opponent's shooting phase, and less of a chance for perils to kill off one of my models (since I don't have to activate until I know it matters). This is especially true if I have an IC or two attached to a squad who can Hammerhand for me.

where does it say this? i can't find it in the Gk FAQ is it in the rulebook?

where does it say this? i can't find it in the Gk FAQ is it in the rulebook?

its in the main rulebook FAQ.

Archived