FAQ v1.2 Out

Jolemai

Really, Dante striking at Ini wouldn't be unreasonable seeing as he is 200+pts and has no Eternal Warrior, and doesn't really buff your force that greatly.

And they need to Errata the Captain entry to give him access to Artificer and Glaives at least. They could do it with Wolf Lords in Terminator Armour when they left out Frost Blades as an option.

• 5 weeks later...

Hail Battle Brothers! Wow man oh man it is good to be back. I have been out of the loop for nearly three whole months! Compared to how plugged-in I had been up to then, I feel so incredibly behind now. Two new waves of FAQs and the Dark Angels Codex all dropped while I was off in Reality (lol). Holiday vacation, then workload spiked up prevented me from doing anything 40k for far too long.

Anyhow, sorry for resurrecting a dead thread but I was using my search skills to find out the major highlights for the FAQ changes. I stumbled across this note from Ushtarador:

But it's still possible to deepstrike in something and bless it with a libby that's already on the field then, if I get this right.

Has this been confirmed? If so, I feel I'll be running 3x LandSpeeder with 2x HBs much much more often. Previously if you wanted to Prescience-Bless the 18 shot Squadron, they had to be on the table at the beginning of the turn. If you can drop in within 12" of a Libby and still get blessed now, I'm gonna be keen to try that out.

PS- What happened to the site!? It looks super different now..... I wasn't even sure I was in the right place for awhile!

No can do sadly, CAG re: prescience. 

You can still choose in which order you want to ROLL your reserves or cast psychic powers, but this does not extend to placing reserves. So you still need to roll all your reserves, then cast, then place after that.  Essentially its just for clarity (and for Scriers gaze)

welcome back CAG! I thought I hadn't seen you around for a while, where've you been? ;P They sorta updated the forum and everything, so you mostly missed a lengthy period when the site was down anyway, good timing.

You can still choose in which order you want to ROLL your reserves or cast psychic powers, but this does not extend to placing reserves. So you still need to roll all your reserves, then cast, then place after that.  Essentially its just for clarity (and for Scriers gaze)

But isn't it that you place a unit directly after you rolled for it's reserve, i.e.:

- Roll reserve, place unit

- Roll next reserve, place unit

etc..

- Roll psychic powers

welcome back CAG! I thought I hadn't seen you around for a while, where've you been? ;P They sorta updated the forum and everything, so you mostly missed a lengthy period when the site was down anyway, good timing.

But isn't it that you place a unit directly after you rolled for it's reserve, i.e.:

etc..

- Roll psychic powers

This is one of the things I was complaining about in a different thread re: GW's FAQ department. Its something that seems designed to address a problem, but manages to not answer it...

Also, welcome back CAG - looking forward to more strategy talk and in-depth reports :D

etc..

- Roll psychic powers

To my knowledge (I dont have the book here with me, now) its roll for each reserve, then after all have been rolled for...place.  The FAQ allows us to do the power before the roll, or the roll before the power, but makes no mention of the placement, hence the inability to cast. 

Can someone with a rulebook please confirm in which way it is handled then? smile.png The FAQ might just have been to clarify the really obvious fact that you can indeed cast scries gaze before you roll for reserves then. I wouldn't have thought this contested enough to warrant an FAQ, so I interpreted it to be a real change.

Welcome back CAG! Your presence has been sorely missed. The website got a makeover. Personally, I like it so much more.

Onto reserves. Page 124: "When Reserves arrive, the player picks any one of the units arriving and deploys it, moving it onto the table as described below. Then he picks another unit and deploys it, and so on until all arriving units are on the table. The player can then proceed to move his other units as normal."

If you ask me, you can Deep Strike in whatever you want and then cast Prescience on that unit.

But do you roll for all of them first, or roll and deploy one after the other? The way it's phrased here it suggests that you roll first which units are arriving, and then deploy all of them one after the other.

You roll for all of them. It's always has been like that. I see what people are saying where they think that after you place the models you can no longer cast psychic powers, but rolling reserves, placing them, and casting psychic powers all take place before movement. Otherwise, what's the point of the FAQ?

Not meaning to backseat mod, but there's already a thread about this in the OR forum (went looking before I made one myself), found here:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/269741-deep-strike-and-psychic-powers/

Although there's not been anything new there in the last month, so make of that what you will... seems to be coming down in favour of 'make reserve rolls and psychic powers in the order you choose, then deploy models arriving from reserve' camp.

Welcome back CAG! Your presence has been sorely missed. The website got a makeover. Personally, I like it so much more.

Onto reserves. Page 124: "When Reserves arrive, the player picks any one of the units arriving and deploys it, moving it onto the table as described below. Then he picks another unit and deploys it, and so on until all arriving units are on the table. The player can then proceed to move his other units as normal."

If you ask me, you can Deep Strike in whatever you want and then cast Prescience on that unit.

When "reserves arrive" happens after you have rolled for all of the reserves. And as such happens after the casting of blessings and maledictions, which happen simultaneously with reserve rolls.

So no, you can't

Ok right on. Too bad then--- I think that would have been a nifty tactic.

Now that I'm back, I probably won't get to post too much for a bit since I have months of posts to browse through and catch up on what I've missed. Drilling through the OR and DA boards should catch me up on the FAQs and Dark Angels release.

Archived