Wings as troop choices

bluepillredpill

so this article on BOLS

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2013/01/of-angels-dark-and-typos-plenty.html

has a throw away comment to both wings can not be taken as troop choices and this was something the reviewer missed in the codex 1st read through. I've skimmed over the likely locations and can't see anything to confirm this.

Anyone able to reference the page this appears on

Not sure I entirely understand what you mean but I think it is a question regarding which characters unlock Deathwing and Ravenwing as Troops choices:

Azreal - unlocks both

Belial - unlocks Deathwing

Sammael - unlocks Ravenwing

There is a box in each character's army list entry telling you what the do.

I hope this answers your question smile.png

Edit - ninja'd!

I was fully aware of those pages.

I have just re-read the statement and I realised I have misinterperted the statement below

It's important to note though, that you can only make Ravewing or Deathwing troops in a primary detachment of Dark Angels, I missed that on my first read through

Because the reviewer has used "or" i read that you had to choose one over the other

ignore me, I'm going to scurry away into the rock now

For a moment you had me worried there bluepillredpill tongue.png

I was worried as well till I re-read the statement, comical he has go at the typo's and errors then does something like that

To be fair to the BoLS author: that's not really a typo tongue.png

Key point I was discussing last night with someone: I'm definitely reading that only 'vanilla' DW Terminator Squad and RW Attack Squad can become troops, not Knights as they are always Elite. He was adamant his Belial list allowed him 2 DW Knights as troops as well as his Belial Command, releasing Elite space for RW and GW.

Please agree with me ;-)

The rule says "Deathwing Terminator Squads are troops choices..."

Ask him if his Black Knights are a Deathwing Terminator Squad and point to the Deathwing Terminator Squad entry above the Black Knights on page 99.

Key point I was discussing last night with someone: I'm definitely reading that only 'vanilla' DW Terminator Squad and RW Attack Squad can become troops, not Knights as they are always Elite. He was adamant his Belial list allowed him 2 DW Knights as troops as well as his Belial Command, releasing Elite space for RW and GW.

Please agree with me ;-)

OK, I agree with you msn-wink.gif

Belial's rule states "Deathwing Terminator Squads", so that does not include DW knights. Similarly for Sammael, its says "Ravenwing Attack Squadrons", which does not mean Black Knights. And Azreal's rule is a mix of the two!

Oh and as an aside, how exactly is your friend going to get Ravenwing choices in the Elite section? geek.gif

Wait, people are trying to argue that Deathwing Knights can be troop choices? Belial's entry clearly states "Deathwing Terminator Squads are troop choices instead of elites choices." Then when you look at Elites it says "Deathwing Terminator Squad" and "Deathwing Knights."

Tell your friend that he's wrong and he should feel bad for trying to do that :P

Archived