Grim Resolve?

Chairman_woo

I was having a chat with another DA player from my gaming club. He suggested that it has something to do with a future rule of some sort. So they are just preparing ahead of time. Other than that I have no clue. Unless I totally missed something in the BRB :P

We were never able to do so anyway. C:SM can because of "Combat Tactics", something DA, SW and I believe BA don't have.

But yes, the fact that it mentions that you specifically can't fail even though you don't actually have the option in the first place, could see it as a way to override some rule in the future.

Two reasons it's in here:

"Our weapons are useless!" BRB page 26, and

"Combat Tactics".

Can't fall back from combat with an AV13+ walker when you don't have a hammer/fist/chainfist/meltabombs, and since you can have C:SM units as Battle Brothers (and thus have characters join units) who can voluntarily flee otherwise, no dice.

Or they were writing for 7th edition, who knows.

You can fail a morale check voluntarily if you are fighting a enemy in close combat that you have no possible way of hurting. Unless, of course, you are a Dark Angel with Grim Resolve special rule. They just fight untill they die. Page 26 in the small rulebook "Our Weapons Are Useless".

Edit. Double ninjaed....

Ok so Grim resolve is just good old stubborn (no negative LD modifiers right?) with an extra caveat because of the new 6th ed "our weapons are useless rule"?

Am I right in thinking that this already applys to fearless (and therefore inner circle) units? Don't have my rulebook to hand but it would make a lot of sense in terms of bridging the gap between fearless and stubborn. Darkangels are renowned for their belligerence I suppose...

Ok so Grim resolve is just good old stubborn (no negative LD modifiers right?) with an extra caveat because of the new 6th ed "our weapons are useless rule"?

Am I right in thinking that this already applys to fearless (and therefore inner circle) units? Don't have my rulebook to hand but it would make a lot of sense in terms of bridging the gap between fearless and stubborn. Darkangels are renowned for their belligerence I suppose...

Correct on all accounts. Fearless units don't even take those tests... or more specifically auto pass.

This is a quirk of the chapter. Choosing to fail a morale on purpose can be of great benefit - If you suffered some casualties in the shooting phase but don't want to get charged...

But we can't use it

Virtus in Extremis.

Courage until the end.

Well you may not be able to choose to fall back by failing, but you can still just simply fail by the luck of the dice gods...

Maybe it's a good thing Belial no longer has Rites of Battle. If you have Azzy in your army, well good luck with that.

I was really having my gears roll with the additional rules set with the codex... Grim Resolve is more of a punishment when sticking Characters from DA dex with SM codex... ANY unit with grime resolve can not fall back.

Sarge of UltraMarines.."Our captain is telling us to fall back .. so we can cut them down as we reload... "

Random DA Techmarine... "NOPE I can't let you do that... sorry Dave.."

As far as I can tell the rules actually interact more so with outer codex in play then just there own.

"Sir, our weapons aren't doing anything to this walker! I suggest we fall back!"

"There is no retreat! Punch it harder!"

Hahaha...This made me lose half a can of dr pepper all down my shirt. Thanks!

Archived