Stuff that could have made the new codex better

Plastic Rat

Also I was a little surprised they haven't allowed TDA Sergeants to take a Combi-Weapon yet.

And groovy. I am trying to commit more to memory but I have only done some looking through the entries and now with the FAQ. :lol:

Black Knights

... Power weapons

You mean S5 rending isn't enough? They get 2 base attacks, and you can exchange a plasma talon for a grenade launcher that can reduce your targets toughness or can WS and initiative by 1. Take a full squad of 6 and you can get both! Effectively S6 (against non-vehicles) hammers that have rending and go first against most things? sounds great to me! If you really want that power weapon though, the huntmaster can switch his hammer out for a sword or maul. These guys are already ridiculous. IMO, they don't need power weapons too.

Thought you could take likie 9 or 10 Black Knights in one squad?

ah! I missed that! that just makes them even more fantastic!

The only other 6E Flyer we have is the Felldrake (Psst. There a only two 6E codexes out so far). I would not assume that any Flyer which is not in a 6E codex will have its points, or even special rules, remain exactly the same, so comparisons to how they are now is not really all that relevant. The other fliers might end up being adjusted upwards.

Yes, there are only two true 6th ed codexes, but necrons and GKs were both written with 6th in mind (GKs with psyker mastery levels, necrons destroyers with preferred enemy). AFAIK, there is no precedent for GW writing an errata that increases the point cost of units and if they had such an intention, they would have done it in the most recent ones released. My complaint isn't that other flyers are too cheap, it's just that ours are too expensive.

Hyperion Whirlwinds (i.e. an AA missile opion on Whirlwinds)

A Mortis dreadnought variant

Yes, I know both are available through Forgeworld, but that's not the same as having it in your codex, especially where pick-up games and tournaments are involved.

I'll bite - but don't want to sound moany :)

• A bit more punch for the buck on the Nephilium Fighter would have been good.
  • Combi-weapons for termy sergeants
  • Teleport homers for Scout sergeants
  • More wepon options for the faux 'Mortis'
  • Some DA-flavoured psychic powers. (Actually I think this issue is the main failing of an otherwise pretty good codex :yes:)

Cheers

I

Bolt pistol/Bolter option for PA command squad Apothecary. It would make more sense for him to be armed with a weapon with range - at least a bolter can be used as a club in an emergency.

Further on in the PA Command Squad entry it says:

Any Veteran may replace his chainsword and/or bolt pistol with a:

- Bolter.... free

- (other shooty stuff for points)

Doesn't this mean the Apothecary can simply swap the chainsword for a bolter or even storm bolter?

No, because you're supposed to go top-to-bottom, and the Veteran becomes an Apothecary (which is differentiated from a Veteran in the list above) before you get to the section where it says any Veteran can get X, Y, or Z. At least that's the way I understand it...

Compare this to Codex: Space Marines. Under Honour Guard, it's clear that anyone in that squad can get the items listed in their Wargear - it says any model can get X, Y, or Z. But when you get to the Command Squad, it says any Veteran can - much like in our Codex.

No, because you're supposed to go top-to-bottom, and the Veteran becomes an Apothecary (which is differentiated from a Veteran in the list above) before you get to the section where it says any Veteran can get X, Y, or Z. At least that's the way I understand it...

Compare this to Codex: Space Marines. Under Honour Guard, it's clear that anyone in that squad can get the items listed in their Wargear - it says any model can get X, Y, or Z. But when you get to the Command Squad, it says any Veteran can - much like in our Codex.

Gah, this makes me facepalm. It's one more pointless and idiotic restriction in an otherwise good codex.

Agreed. It's in the spirit of "Your Company Champion can't have a Storm Shield... but two to four other individuals in the Command Squad and ANY member of a Company Veterans Squad can" mentality. If this is meant to be game balance, it's awful. There should be a better way - point costs, etc.

Archived