Recruiting (new plastic soldiers)

spu00sed

Since games workshop gave me a load of free dark angles with my back doctor approved rule book I have started yet another power armoured army (this makes 5).

I have been looking at expanding, already have five death wing knights, and need help in under standing what comes in the kits

Mainly what is the difference between the character upgrade frame and the company veteran squad?

What is extra in the company veteran box that adds on 40% to the price?

Is it worth it or should I get a tactical squad and the upgrade sprue?

Finally the upgrade frame contains a lot of terminator bits. Is it just missing the torso?

Thanks for any an all help.

Mainly what is the difference between the character upgrade frame and the company veteran squad?

What is extra in the company veteran box that adds on 40% to the price?

you mean the Chapter upgrade frame? Well the Veterans box has a tactical squad upgrade sprue and bases in it.

Is it worth it or should I get a tactical squad and the upgrade sprue?

Well do you need 5 guys or 15? I would get the Tac squad and the upgrade sprue for 15 and find some bases on ebay.

Finally the upgrade frame contains a lot of terminator bits. Is it just missing the torso?

Torso (front and back) and head, but you can mix and match your DV termies with the DW command box and the upgrade sprue... (I'm going to build the DW knights and use the squad stuff on a spare set of DV termies I got off ebay.)

IIRC it's got 1 of each of the following:

Missile launcher

Flamer

Plasma

Melta

Left & Right (L/R) plasma pistol arms

L/R bolt pistol arms

L/R chainsword arms

Mk 8 torso front

Back banner

odds n ends like purity seals, cloths, few grenades and other 'details' which are great if you don;t have htem, but not worth an extra £8 in the uk, so a 2/3rds increase (£20 squad vs £12 upgrade sprue)

Hope that helps :)

Also, cheers to Dean for confirming what the difference for the two is - definately gonna go upgrade sprue direction myself, as I have plenty of spare special & heavy weapons

Well.. If you are using the robed bodies for Vets or sarges then you need the pistol and sword arms because the DA upgrade sprue only comes with boltguns. 2 swords and one power fist.. I also like to mix the molded pads and bits into the tac squad....

Archived