vlad to mephiston

nurglespuss

Hi guys, seeing as they have yet to redo mephiston, and me liking the imagery of him at the moment, I came up with an idea.

I picked up vlad from the warhammer fantasy range, and want to convert him to look more like a space parine. He's 'fine cast' so is easy to cut/carve. I intend to bulk out his armour, change his sword, etc.

Pics as I get onto it... I'll try a sketch up first.

Jawaballs (he has a blog, forgot his real name) did a very similar conversion, back when both sculpts were in metal. Might want to look for any of his images or older blog posts for some help/inspiration.

May I ask why the choice of vlad? He's so batlike in appearance, and gaunt in frame- I can't help but think it'll be a difficult conversion to accomplish. Have you thought of using astorath<sp?> for the bulk of the power armor? Style wise, it's very similar to mephiston's.

I'll wait to judge completely until I've seen some WIP/sketches.

Good feedback, I thought that, until I picked up vlad, he's fairly substantial. I've got astorath to paint for my army, and yes, I said when they were released (astorath and sanguinor) that they were essentially mephiston and Dante. However I've seen a few conversions using astorath, and it doesn't seem to stand out for me. I think if I sculpt vlads armour to look like power armour, with shoulder pads, it'll really stand out. But, we will see! Thanks!

Archived