Black Knights also have twin linked bolters!

FarFromSam

It boggles my mind that this sort of thing even comes up for discussion. It's very obvious that Knights don't have TL Bolters on their bikes, but people try and swing it that way all the same.

So many cheesemongers pop up with a new dex release, it's unreal.

Cheers,

WW

This most recent book is the most error filled crap I've even seen.

With the prices GW charges we should be able to expect some eiting and play testing....

Sorry DA guys...

Sad but true.

In this case though I think it's pretty clear BK's dont have talons and tl bolters. Elphilo's example is conclusive.

It boggles my mind that this sort of thing even comes up for discussion. It's very obvious that Knights don't have TL Bolters on their bikes, but people try and swing it that way all the same.

I know, its stupid. We have so many RAW players jumping on the bandwagon. I've been the only DA player at my club for years, then suddenly: poof! DA everywhere!

Aren't the Bikes classed as MKVI Bikes anyway?

Either way, I think this arguments over. :L

I know, its stupid. We have so many RAW players jumping on the bandwagon. I've been the only DA player at my club for years, then suddenly: poof! DA everywhere!

Aren't the Bikes classed as MKVI Bikes anyway?

Either way, I think this arguments over. :L

Well you can't really say that. If you thought that they had Space Marine Bike and you read it as RAW, I can see how this can happen. People forget RAI. Sadly you can always do RAW which is where this whole thing started at. Even people who have played the same army and finally get a new codex for the army can fail on RAW.

Pretty much all of us have said that Read As Intended is that the Talons are in place of the TLBolters. (this was in the case of thinking that the squad has Space Marine Bikes) I am willing to bet quite a few more people may still think that they do have Space Marine Bikes. They have changed how entries have things and so far none of the entries in the 6th ed C:DA have Space Marine Bikes except as a Special Wargrear buyable by HQ. I didn't even realize that entries didn't have Space Marine Bike in the wargear on entries at first. Please keep in mind I did not say that because of the RAW that is how it was for the silly TLBolters and Talons, Just that I saw the RAW. I knew it on RAI to not be the way the guy said.

The current bikes are MkIV in the Fluff. For game. The Space Marine Bike comes with TLBolters. Which was the whole reason for why this Thread was started was that someone was blinded by RAW.

in the end when this happens all you can do is try to point them back to the right path, especially when it is clear cut what the RAI is.

I am just glad that for C:SM and C:BA their Scout Bikes have the correct wording so people who may be blinded by RAW won't try to think the same. or in the case of the actual cheezers choose to ignore the RAI. :lol:

People forget that RAW doesn't always matter as much to everyone else as they think it does. This is a game between you and another person, and as such, like GW says, it should be satisfying to both players (BGB, page xv). They even have a rule in the game, noted on page 4 of the Big Green Book, that you roll off for who's interpretation makes it into the game when you can't agree while playing. They also reference a house rule in the rule book on page 5 in the section on Dice on the Floor. Each game could be played completely without Codexes or even the main rule book if both players agreed and felt satisfied. Even the rules for a tournament don't have to be RAW if the TO(s) choose to have the rules for the tournaments say otherwise. I know when I used to run tournaments at a game store, we used to put up the rules we'd be using and the store's rules interpretations for Codexes prior to the tournament so that people knew how they'd be playing. All the rules are subject to the interpretations of the players (hence The Most Important Rule). GW understands this which is why the rule is in the book. RAW really matters when each player or the TO says it does.

If you wanted to play with all house rules on everything, that is the choice between you and your opponent. Arguing RAW can be a lot of fun, it does make these forums interesting IMO, but in the end, all the rules really are between both players (or the TO).

I think this topic was the result of RAINR (Rules As Imagined, Not Read), and it's not the only one this week. MadDoc hit the nail on the head so can we lock this already and send this thread to its deserved rest?

I think this topic was the result of RAINR (Rules As Imagined, Not Read), and it's not the only one this week. MadDoc hit the nail on the head so can we lock this already and send this thread to its deserved rest?

If the Like button worked, then I would Like this!

Archived