Noise Marine Switch

FallenOne

So, now that our sacred number is restored, who are you guys going to use these?

I figured I would have three configurations:

12 Marines, 2 Blastmasters, on foot.

6 marnies, 1 blast master, Rhino

6 Marnies, CC Weapon, Bolt Pistol, Rhino, Champ with Power weapon, doom siren.

I am glad they med us 2/3 of the way, I just wish we got out CC weapon, SB and BP back :)

I figured, use the Marines in Rhinos to take things, and the large squads to be a PITA.

I can see there being 3 main squad uses for me:

1) 10 man, 2 Blastmasters, IoC, Sonic Blasters, Champ with LC.

The expensive all in options, it's not cheap at just over 300 points but it chucks out a ton of shots, will overwatch enough to worry chargers and puts out a ton of fire. The I5 Champion with a LC is no slouch in challenges either.

2) 5 man, 1 Blastmaster

Dirt cheap, mainly their for longer range fire support using the Blastmaster

3) 5 man, 1 Blastmaster, Sonic Blasters

A minor change to the second unit, this option trades the bolters for Sonic Blasters which ups the potential fire. Functions at 24 better than the above at a slight cost increase.

I'll be runing some combination of the above and will generally look to be including 20 Noise Marines in my 1500 point list.

I am looking at:

1) 6 NM with 1 Blastmaster and 4 Sonic Blasters. No real upgrades for Champion and no Icon to keep squad cheap. I will be aiming for 2 such squads. Utilise fact they are Fearless to give them some durability despite small sise.

2)12 NM with 2 Blastmasters, Champion with Doom Siren and then BP & CCW. Blastmasters are Assault so can provide supporting fire even if squad moves. Doom Siren for more AP3 goodness. Benefit from I5 in combat. Depending on points I might upgrade Champion either witj just Power Sword or pair Lightning Claws. Might even go for Ultragit if points permit.

3) 6 NM with 1 BM, Doom Siren and BP & CCW ahd rhino with Dirge Csster.

Of course nothing stopping you for running 5 / 10 man squads if you're going fot Tournament style rather than fluffy Slaanesh list.

Cheers

James

Archived