New codex Termies limit and Landraider Limit

Fallen Avenger

Am i reading the new 'dex correctly? im reading that we can take 82 Terminators and 9 LAND RAIDERS?

heres how im working it out;

the first 2 would be belial and another termy hq choice

the next 10 would be 5 for each in a command squad for hq choices

the next 30 are elites

and with belial he grants Termys as troops! so an extra 40!

Thank god we van now field 10 in a Termy squad!

oh and each Termy unit can have a Land raider as a dedicated transport?

does that mean we could have an extra 3 for hq choices? making that 12 LAND RAIDERS!!!

if im reading this correctly? then my local GW is goint o miss out on a few quid as ill be going straight to rockethobbies to start builing my basket im at 46 Termys at the minute and have 3 land raiders also. So shouldnt be too long then!!!

Actually, if points are not an issue, we can do 102 terminators with 11 Land Raiders.

Belial with a Deathwing command squad (5+1) and Land Raider

Another TDA HQ with Deathwing command Squad (5+1) and Land Raider

3 Deathwing Knights squads at 10 each (30 total) each with a Land Raider

6 Deathwing Squads as troops at 10 each (60 total) each with a Land Raider

So, as I said 102 terminators.

You can do 9 DW units of 10. That's 90. Then you can take 2 HQ in TDA then both of those can have a DWCS of 5 so....

102 by accounts of basic FOC 2 HQ 3 Elites 6 Troops...........

And 9 land raiders for the 6 troops and 3 elites. for the DWCS there would be 2 more.

NINJA'D by Jehoel...........

You can do 9 DW units of 10. That's 90. Then you can take 2 HQ in TDA then both of those can have a DWCS of 5 so....

102 by accounts of basic FOC 2 HQ 3 Elites 6 Troops...........

And 9 land raiders for the 6 troops and 3 elites. 2 for the DWCSs and 3 more for HS slot.

So 102 TDA and 14 LRs with just one FOC However for the points this would cost we will be able to have Double Org so Double this........?

I fixed it! I am the champion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumbsup.giflaugh.pngthanks.gif

Belial makes Deathwing a Troops choice only, not a Troops and Elites choice. So... 60 for 6 x 10 DW Squads as Troops, 10 more for for 2 x 5 DW Command Squads, and 30 more for 3 x 10 DW Knights.

Each of these 11 DW Squads can also have Land Raiders as Dedicated Transports, plus you can add 3 more Land Raiders as Heavy Support choices.

So, our grand total of Terminators/Land Raiders in a single FOC is...

Terminators: 102

Land Raiders : 14

Edit: somewhat ninja'd you might say. That what I get for being distracted by the tv. :P

That looks like about 9,000 points. I think most games at that size will stop worrying about the force org chart. It's pretty cool that we can do it however.

To my remembrance currently you can take them. Just like with a 10 man Tac squad and giving them the Razorback. You don't have to combat squad them, in the case of the Tac. All it means is that you can't get in if you have too many models. Also keep in mind you are not limited to just LR you can LRR and LRC.

To my remembrance currently you can take them. Just like with a 10 man Tac squad and giving them the Razorback. You don't have to combat squad them, in the case of the Tac. All it means is that you can't get in if you have too many models. Also keep in mind you are not limited to just LR you can LRR and LRC.

Just checked the FAQ: you're absolutely right. Nothing to see here...

At work so purely off the top of my head...

Full Greenwing battle company 100+6+6 marines, 8 rhinos, 2 razors = 3000-ish points.

FOC uses 2hq, 6 troop, 2fa, 2hs.

Add another 2 techmarines each with 5 servitors if you like.

DW Turns: 30 minutes long

Ork Turns: 3 hours long

Better bring a book to read, or models to paint. laugh.png

Yup. I played a 13.5k two players per side apocalypse game before Christmas. DA plus IG vs assorted Xenos - the scenario was set around childcare arrangements - Xenos has first turn, DA were fully reserved and didn't start arriving until day 2...

Archived