New codex Termies limit and Landraider Limit

Fallen Avenger

DW Turns: 30 minutes long

Ork Turns: 3 hours long

Better bring a book to read, or models to paint. laugh.png

Yup. I played a 13.5k two players per side apocalypse game before Christmas. DA plus IG vs assorted Xenos - the scenario was set around childcare arrangements - Xenos has first turn, DA were fully reserved and didn't start arriving until day 2...

Wow.... Day 2?

Yup. I played a 13.5k two players per side apocalypse game before Christmas. DA plus IG vs assorted Xenos - the scenario was set around childcare arrangements - Xenos has first turn, DA were fully reserved and didn't start arriving until day 2...

Wow.... Day 2?

Yes, unbelievable isn't it. The Xenos took "careful planning" so at the end of their first turn they had 75% of their force on the table. Unfortunately the real planning wasn't anywhere near as careful, so their first turn was interminable...

Wow.... Day 2?

Yes, unbelievable isn't it. The Xenos took "careful planning" so at the end of their first turn they had 75% of their force on the table. Unfortunately the real planning wasn't anywhere near as careful, so their first turn was interminable...

So what was the outcome and when did the game actually end??

Wow.... Day 2?

So what was the outcome and when did the game actually end??

Finished at the end of Game Turn 4, also Imperial Turn 4 (about 9pm on the second evening). Imperial victory by, I think, 6 VPs to 2.

The Deathwing Redemption Force (four squads and a librarian) completed its mission to capture an Eldar Autarch on jetbike (who turned out to be much harder to kill than I had thought he would) and the Imperial forces held four main objectives to the Xenos filth's two (although it may have been 3-2 on the main objectives). T4 was essentially close combat carnage, with hammers and lightning claws all over the place.

The Guard were all-but annihilated and the DAs largely unscathed - I still had 39 of my 43 terminators alive and on the table at the end of the game, including all three ICs.

I was extremely lucky with the Redemption Force success, as the Autarch had actually turbo-boosted into terminator charge range in order to try to deny us an objective. He would have been untouchable if he'd either stayed where he was or gone in almost any other direction. Having said that, it only ran up the score - we'd've won anyway, since those were VPs that only I could claim.

Another game turn or two and it would have been closer and I doubt we'll do another game that big. The general consensus was that fewer bodies and more turns would create a more nuanced and interesting game, which is hard to argue with having just seen 7 squads of terminators deep striking into a table area no more than 3' square and cleansing it utterly in two turns of shooting and one of assault...

Crazy. Well done.

The Guard were all-but annihilated and the DAs largely unscathed - I still had 39 of my 43 terminators alive and on the table at the end of the game, including all three ICs.

Don't worry, there is billions where that came from. Good to see the Sons of the Lion come out mostly unscathed.

Heh, I hear he has recruited 3-4 kids to help him move models and has made "Movement trays" 12" round trays with orks blu-tacked to them in what he describes as "The mob formation" and as he has bought at least 2 of every GW vehicle kit ever and made them into Ork vehicles I hope he has a lot of stuff that is easier to move. I need to find Deathwings answer to stomper squadrons though...

Archived