Interrogator-Chaplain Seraphicus

Cpt_Reaper

So in the new FAQ sheet...

Q: How many points is Interrogator-Chaplain Seraphicus, from the

special edition Dark Vengeance boxed game?

A: 125 points. Seraphicus is an HQ choice in a Dark Angels

army, and a special character. He is an Interrogator-Chaplain

armed with a plasma pistol, as listed in Codex: Dark Angels. He

replaces the Interrogator-Chaplain’s Zealot special rule with his

own Litanies of the Dark Angels special rule.

BAM! The limited edition Interrogator-Chaplain is now a legit character. Can I get a "Aww yeah!"?

Also I need something cleared up. Land Raiders purchased as Dedicated Transports are no longer heavy Support and are only limited by the squads that can buy them? This has caused a bit of debate recently in my group.

Already a thread for this it was actually on the first screen of Threads if you would have looked down. laugh.png. http://www.bolterand...howtopic=263667

Q: How many points is Interrogator-Chaplain Seraphicus, from the

special edition Dark Vengeance boxed game?

A: 125 points. Seraphicus is an HQ choice in a Dark Angels

army, and a special character. He is an Interrogator-Chaplain

armed with a plasma pistol, as listed in Codex: Dark Angels. He

replaces the Interrogator-Chaplain’s Zealot special rule with his

own Litanies of the Dark Angels special rule.

It isn't left out, all Int-Chaps have the Inner Circle special rule. They state he is an Interrogator-Chaplain only difference is he is armed with a Plasma Pistol instead and his Zealot rule is replaced by Litanies of the Dark Angels rule. He is "intended" (which I hate, when they do, when they assume people will know what is meant and then people don't read it that way "they" see it as being. "they" is GW. I will also say that I know I have been in that boat before msn-wink.gif ,) to be played exactly like an Int-Chap (same Entry with the next exceptions,) only difference Plasma Pistol instead of Bolt Pistol and Litanies of the DArk Angels instead of Zealot and he is a Special Character (which also would mean he is Unique.)

Also the card only gives you what the special rule does. You don't use his entry on the card. You use the Int-Chap entry from C:DA and modify it to have the stuff listed in the previous paragraph I wrote.

On Land Raiders. They are Dedicated Transports for DWCS, DW and DWK. If you take them as such you must give them DW Vehicle for the cost indicated if you take it as a Dedicated Transport. They are also in the Heavy Support spot. However with the FAQ you can give non Dedicated Transport Land Raiders the DW Vehicle rule.

Guys, I hate to burst your bubbles, but he's not a codex character. If he was, the amendment would be showing in the Errata and not the FAQ. Someone probably asked how many points he was so he could play more balanced and constructed games of Dark Vengeance. Whatever the reason, there is no chance that we can field him in a legitimate game as anything but the normal Chaplain or Interrogator Chaplain.

Without meaning to sound anything other than curious, if we couldn't take him, why would he be assigned a points value?

As I said before, it's people playing Dark Vengeance using the Dark Vengeance rules (which deviate from 40k rules and codex's) wishing to apply a points value to their games.

If the character was meant to be included in the codex, it would be under errata/amendments and not 'frequently asked questions'.

It is also very wishful thinking to believe the Games Workshop genuinely missed out a special character from the codex, despite the horrendous mistakes they've already made with it.

Guys, I hate to burst your bubbles, but he's not a codex character. If he was, the amendment would be showing in the Errata and not the FAQ. Someone probably asked how many points he was so he could play more balanced and constructed games of Dark Vengeance. Whatever the reason, there is no chance that we can field him in a legitimate game as anything but the normal Chaplain or Interrogator Chaplain.

Actually. Because he is in the FAQ you can. It even tells you how to use him. Just not what his Litanies do laugh.png but that is more about GW not wanting to print free rules any more. verymad.gif

Ok guys, I've just looked something up and it is good news. According to the Litanies rules, everyone that Serphicus is attached to gains 'preferred enemy Chaos'. Well, according to the rule book, if a unit contains a least one model with preferred enemy x, the whole squad gets it. So in fact, all Interrogator Chaplains, Librarians, Masters and anyone with the Inner Circle rule already does this!

So, going back to my point that Seraphicus is not a codex character, it doesn't even matter anymore. Even in Dark Vengeance, he's just a normal Interrogator Chaplain. msn-wink.gif

By this logic, you could have a 'Seraphicus' duplicate riding a bike or wearing terminator armour! Those poor, poor, Chaos Marines. They got what was coming to them.

Ok guys, I've just looked something up and it is good news. According to the Litanies rules, everyone that Serphicus is attached to gains 'preferred enemy Chaos'. Well, according to the rule book, if a unit contains a least one model with preferred enemy x, the whole squad gets it. So in fact, all Interrogator Chaplains, Librarians, Masters and anyone with the Inner Circle rule already does this! So, going back to my point that Seraphicus is not a codex character, it doesn't even matter anymore. Even in Dark Vengeance, he's just a normal Interrogator Chaplain. msn-wink.gif By this logic, you could have a 'Seraphicus' duplicate riding a bike or wearing terminator armour! Those poor, poor, Chaos Marines. They got what was coming to them.

I don't think it works like that. the FAQ states this:

Q: How many points is Interrogator-Chaplain Seraphicus, from the special edition Dark Vengeance boxed game? A: 125 points. Seraphicus is an HQ choice in a Dark Angels army, and a special character. He is an Interrogator-Chaplain armed with a plasma pistol, as listed in Codex: Dark Angels. He replaces the Interrogator-Chaplain’s Zealot special rule with his own Litanies of the Dark Angels special rule.

So with that you get an entirely new entry. It's called Interrogator-Chaplain Seraphicus. He is a special character, so he is Unique (pg 110 of the BRB). He comes with a Plasma Pistol and Litanies of the Dark Angels, instead of Zealot. He has no other options. His stats are that of an Interrogator-Chaplain. If you did read the previous thread that Harleqvin linked, you would find out that he is a rather pointless character. It would be better for you, in game terms that is, to just use the model as an Interrogator-Chaplain with a plasma pistol. Then you would get PE:CSM and Hatred. He's an odd entry into our codex.

What a badly written FAQ answer...

Well, there's two ways to read this bit by RAW;

He is an Interrogator-Chaplain armed with a plasma pistol, as listed in Codex: Dark Angels

Either;

The Plasma Pistol is the *only* Wargear he is 'armed' with.

Or;

He has a Plasma Pistol *in addition* to the listed Wargear for an Interrogator-Chaplain as listed in the Codex.

While it might have been 'intended' for the PP to replace the BP, sadly, that's not what the FAQ says.

The most intended version of this is that the Bolt Pistol is replaced by a Plasma Pistol and that Zealot is replaced by Litanies of the Dark Angels. Other than that he is an Int-Chap.

There was a whole discussion about this on another thread. The thing that makes it so you don't want to play him is that he loses Zealot. Which means you lose Hatred. Inner Circle already gives PE:CSM, which is all that the Litanies of the Dark Angels is but with different words.

One would be better off just getting an Int-Chap with a Plasma Pistol as it is the same cost only difference is the Int-Chap is not unique and gives Hatred.

The most intended version of this is that the Bolt Pistol is replaced by a Plasma Pistol and that Zealot is replaced by Litanies of the Dark Angels. Other than that he is an Int-Chap.

There was a whole discussion about this on another thread. The thing that makes it so you don't want to play him is that he loses Zealot. Which means you lose Hatred. Inner Circle already gives PE:CSM, which is all that the Litanies of the Dark Angels is but with different words.

One would be better off just getting an Int-Chap with a Plasma Pistol as it is the same cost only difference is the Int-Chap is not unique and gives Hatred.

Pay for the plasma pistol and get an interrogator. Use Seraphicus model already...Why handicap userself?

Because of a shiny name sillies! whistlingW.gif

Archived