Teleport homers/locator beacons

Cian

Hi folk, my first post allthough ive been reading B&C forums for a while now.

Played my first game using the new codex last night, (really just a tester for me to aquaint my self with), whilst making the list to use i wanted to include teleport homers and locator beacons, problem was i couldnt find a cost for either so we figured (my opponent and me) that they would cost between 10 - 20 points. It maybe that i cannot see the wood for the tree's, old age does that to some people.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and perhaps save me from tearing up my new codex in frustration.

Many thanks

Cian.

The only unit that has a locator beacon option is the Drop Pod. No units have the option to take Teleport Homers, but all Ravenwing units that have the "Bike" type already come equipped with them.

10-20 points sounds fair for a house rule option.

Sorry i dont have my codex with me (at work) but i thought that rhino and razorback dedicated transports could choose Vehicle equipment and that locator beacons were in that list ? Of course i may be entirly wrong about this (it happens a lot) and i am now thinking ive got this sooooo wrong, i do tend to get things mixed up even though ive read the book 3 times. We dont house rule because it saves arguments.

Thanks

Cian

@Cian - I have a Storm Talon and the only way to "Legally" use it with my Ravenwing is to ally with Codex:Space Marines. You can just select a scout squad with Teleport Homers as the Troop choice if you ally with that codex.

I guess that begs the question, can the Deathwing Teleport using the "Allies" equipment? My thought process is that this is legal since Dark Angels are Space Marines after all.

@Cian - I have a Storm Talon and the only way to "Legally" use it with my Ravenwing is to ally with Codex:Space Marines. You can just select a scout squad with Teleport Homers as the Troop choice if you ally with that codex.

I guess that begs the question, can the Deathwing Teleport using the "Allies" equipment? My thought process is that this is legal since Dark Angels are Space Marines after all.

Pretty sure that, as Battle Brothers in the Allies matrix, codex marines would be fine with DW using their homers. SW might be a little more reluctant...

To be honest, i didnt use RW last night, the models are'nt even glued yet but i think that is the way to go. Also belial was on a crusader with his squad of termies, unfortunatly it was immobilised turn 2 so he is now footslogging it up the field (we are playing 3000pts on a 4x6 lengthways). I think in future i will try all DW (5 knights, 2 x10 man SB, 2x 5 man assault and Belial) with DW assault near RW bikers. It was a game against Eldar and i was playing to learn and believe me i did - dont DW assault a 5 man DW assault and 5 man DW SB/AC unit in front of 10 wraithguard with spiritseer and Eldred without some support.

Cian

It was a game against Eldar and i was playing to learn and believe me i did - dont DW assault a 5 man DW assault and 5 man DW SB/AC unit in front of 10 wraithguard with spiritseer and Eldred without some support. Cian

Many of us have learned the perils of deep strike in similar ways.

Also, want to note, you can mix weapons in DW - no need to have a dedicated assault unit, at the very least fit a CML in there.

Heres what happened - i read under the rhino & razorback entries (p100) that they could choose from the "Dark Angels Equipment List", so i turned to page 65 and there is locator beacon, then tried to find the points cost, didnt bother to read the top paragraph on page 91 "Dark Angels Wargear List". Similiar thing with the Libby HQ choice.

Re-started playing 40k toward end of 5th edition before that played RT & 2nd edition many years ago and always favoured DA so they were my first choice when getting back into it. I guess the intervening years have not been kind to my book reading skills so as promised, i apologise for the dumb ass question, allthough im sure it will not be the last ;-) and thank you for your patience.

Cian

Archived