New models, what to build first?

JeffJedi

Let's say you have been given one each of the new plastic boxed sets. What squads will you make out of each one?

Ravenwing Dark Talon or Nephilim Jetfighter?

Deathwing Command Squad or Deathwing Knights?

Land Speeder Vengeance or a Ravenwing Darkshroud?

Ravenwing Command Squad or Ravenwing Black Knights?

I chose to make the Deathwing Command Squad and now i'm torn between the Ravenwing Command Squad or Ravenwing Black Knights. Any advice?

I would have to really think about the fighter.

Deathwing Knights

Can I return this and get my Deathwing Knights? :P

Ravenwing Black Knights

Can you tell, I really like the Knights? :P

But seriously. The Deathwing Knights are our ultra scary unit. And the Black Knights just offer so much mobility and tricks it is insane. Though you should probably proxy before you decide. If not it'll get real expensive, real quick :(

Ravenwing Dark Talon or Nephilim Jetfighter?

Magnetize! That way you can have either.

Deathwing Command Squad or Deathwing Knights?

Buy some extra Terminator legs, Crux shoulder pads, and torso backs from some bits sites and make both! Actually, you'll probably need some extra arms too.

Land Speeder Vengeance or a Ravenwing Darkshroud?

Only the Darkshroud actually seems useful.

Ravenwing Command Squad or Ravenwing Black Knights?

If you don't already have a plan for the RWCS, I'd make Black Knights and start stealing all the command squad bits to make some kick-:cuss PA guys.

I'm sure with my OCD I will end up buying enough to build both. For game use though I would go Nephelim for anti-flyer and Darkshroud for its cover saves and the like. I just think they are the two more functional of the kits

Deathwing Knights.

Then, but a bits order in with one of the many resellers for Termie legs, back boxes and Storm Bolter arms and make a Deathwing Command from the same box.

I reckon it would only cost you a few quid more to do that, and then you get two squads from one box.

This is what I intend to do.

As for the others, I thought I'd favour the Nephilim, but the Dark Talon seems great for debuffs.

Cheers,

WW

Archived