Favorite new kit/model

IndigoJack

So now that many people have had a chance to check out our new models, what's everyone's favorite?

Mine is the RW Command Squad. So many bits to use for other things, and those bikes just looks so sweet. Also, they're a lot easier to put together than normal space marine bikes. My second would be the DW, simply because if you have some spare backs and legs, you have a whole other squad of terminators in there. Easily makes up for the hefty price tag on them.

So spill it, what do you like about our new toys?

I am quite torn... for whatever reason, I find the Deathwing somewhat underwhelming, though I love the studded armour and the change to the vents on the Terminator backs. I am probably going to have to agree with the Ravenwing Knights; the Blade of Caliban sword LOOKS great, even if it's craptacular in-game, and the new-old style Corvus helms are excellent.

The rogue trader era helmets are too awesome! I think the ravenwing is my favorite of the kits. Love the banner, the new helmets, and the oodle of goodies you get. Little bumbed with the deathwing knights not being much more adjustable, if you decided to go ten man you would end up with a number of twins for the most part. I haven't bought the kit yet but this is the impression I get from the sprew pictures...

I think I'd have to opt for the Deathwing box of the Ravenwing, purely for the extra options. Theres some great pieces in the RW set for use with regular models but my preference will always be terminators over bikes. Plus It's let me put together a great conversion for a grand master of the deathwing

Of the new releases I only have the Deathwing box so far and I was a little disappointed at the lack of miscellaneous extras like the ones on the veterans sprue. However that's because it's packed with components for all our Deathwing squad options, and those parts look good and are very well made, so overall I give it 8 pearls out of 10.

The Ravenwing set looks even better and having had the codex for a few days I don't think it'll be long before I grab two of those to make some Black Knights.

Difficult decision......

The DW and RW Command boxes are brilliant - the models look lovely, and the sheer number of options on the sprues is great. But for simply aesthetic reasons, I have to vote for the Dark Talon....I really can't wait to build and paint it! :)

I hate the new Asmodai and Belial models. They just seem so lack luster. And Belial looks like he's really gotta go to bathroom, simply because his knees are turned inwards. I get that he is standing up straight, but his knees shouldn't point in that much.

Well, you see, I have a problem; while I pre-ordered one of every new kit the nice people at GW have seen fit to just recently put them in the post.

No wonder I hate evil multi-national companies!

Although at the moment my favourite is the landspeeder vengeance. The plasma storm batteries make it look like a ravenwing whirlwind to me.

Archived