The Astro Dogs WIP

Motorbike Mike

I got the name from Greek mythology, Atlas was punished by Zeus and forced to hold up the world on his back.

Technically, it was the sky, not the world.

Great start so far ! Loving the planets pictures, you photoshoped the whole thing or there's a website to create your very own planets ?

Good afternoon,

Brother Christopher - I suppose I could have perhaps given him an open silk shirt and stood him on top of a roof with the wind whipping through his locks and Doves flying around him. But that would have been a bit ponsey, lets leave that to the Blood Angels, with their sculpted pectorals...

Vesper - I knew he had to hold up something, I assumed it were the world, with the strong man event being to heft a ball of rock, not a cup full of hydrogen and oxygen ;)

The planets were from Google, I just did a little editing to them, readjusting colours to how I wanted them etc.

Thanks for all your comments guys, its a great community thats going on here.

Mike.

Atlas is often depicted as having to hold up the world. But it was the sky. Which makes sense, since Hercules goes to see Atlas by simply sailing in the appropriate direction long enough.<br /><br />The Thane of Cawdor looks awesome. I really like what you've done with his wrist.

Octavulg - Thanks, I find if you cut the wrists especially it makes them much more pliable for dynamic poses, I didn't want just an army of stock characters and squads of 'hey, look, I have a Bolter' marines. I was just pulling Vespers leg, I'm glad you guys cleared it up for me.

I'm using Space Wolf rules and I've just had an amazing idea. I'm gonna use small squads in Razorbacks, with Vindicators/Predators in support. I did a large footslogging Space Wolf army before and I hated having to paint all of the infantry, so I've chosen to convert the models I have and stick them in tanks. Plus I've always wanted to try my hand at airbrushing vehicles.

Anyway, my idea was to use an Ogre Kingdoms Thundertusk as one of the Razorbacks, stick the Gatling turret on the Ogre seat, with some conversion work of course and then hang some of the marines off of the side, like the Dark Eldar Raider.

What do you think?

Thanks,

Mike.

Yeah thats a point, I saw one in person last week and it was much smaller than I thought it would be. Could use it as a head Thunderwolf or as a Predator aye, I just think there aren't enough beasts in Warhammer 40k, the models in fantasy are just getting bigger and bigger, we need some of that too! :D

Mike.

Great conversions, I think we need to see more spears on Space Marines because Stormdog looks damn good.

Thanks, yeah I was considering putting the head of a Thunder Hammer on the top of the staff, to make it a massive Warhammer, but I decided to go with the spear because I hadn't really seen many of them around. 

Mike.

Archived