"The rules in this book assume that models are mounted on the base they are supplied with." Page 3

You're totally fine in keeping them on their old bases (though I think you meant 25mm for the terminators; 10mm is the size of a pinky nail!), but if you want to give them bases that the current models have, that's also acceptable.

Well they are old, I don't have spare 40mm bases, and these are what they came with. I'm lazy enough and have enough other stuff that I don't want to go through the trouble of converting. All true.

IMO they are better if deep striking, but realize that more things will fit under a plasma blast template that hits. And the smaller base means you can't attack as many things or have the b2b with as many things. I see it as more of a trade off. Better for some stuff. Worse for other stuff.

They'll be hit more by plasma, enemies can more easily get around them to strike at the juicy stuff behind, they provide less cover to models behind them...for every advantage, there's a disadvantage. It's completely equal to use little bases or big bases.

Archived