Devastators /w Supporting Razorback?

Xeraxen

With the new DA, it'll be my first time trying out Razorbacks, and I'm tempted to attach one to a 5/6 man Devastator squad. Any advice to give?

Edit:

I plan on mainly running the Dev's with Plasma-cannons.

This is a pretty good tactic, especially considering how cheap the devs are. My suggestion on the razorback would be to go with twin linked lascannons, or my fave, twin linked assault cannons. The razorback can give them mobility if you need to redloy them at the start due to no good lines of fire or cover, and then drop them off, set them up and then the vehicle becomes a mobile gun. I've only played one game in 6th edition and the two assault cannon razorbacks were my best shooting platform because of the rending and being twin linked. I was able to pop enemy rhinos with ease, or combine the two and focus on one unit and wreck havoc. Course mine were carrying troops, but the tactic is still the same. My two planned devestator squads are going to both be 6 strong with razorback support when I get around to fleshing out my battle company.

Agree with Midnight, totally a sound tactic, even if you can only afford the HB. A Wolf friend of mine does as much and often has the LasPlas RB running empty. Personally, I like the two twin-linked options mentioned above. The TLLC is definitely a good support component to the Devs main role while the TL-AssC adds some anti-infantry defense for the Devs (and can still pop light armor as noted).

I love this idea, hasn't even thought of it.

Hmm as the rzrback is dedicated transport and our dev sarge now has a signum.

does the rzrback count as part of the sqd and can they benign from the BS5?

nice idea but no, DTs are separate units from their squads.

Besides, the signum is better applied to non-TL shooting...

Archived