Finecast Azrael

Captain Jarius

There was a picture a few months back of a green azrael in terminator armour. I assume they were just trying out multiple options but between the azrael model being metal still and new sculpt pics being seen I assume Dark Angels wave 2 will be a new azrael. Also, he's a midget.

Guess that would definitely qualify as artificer armor with a 4++ field built in, but the real question would be "Do they Errata options like that into the 'Dexes, if it is not artificer armor, but true TDA?" My guess is that he won't actually change any stats, just get a beefier model, but with either bulkier artificer armor or TDA that can Sweeping Advance but no Relentless (ie, no rules changes, just a new model). Can't he Deep Strike with Terminators, or am I misremembering that? Could explain that too, if he actually can.

Lion El Jason, do you remember where you saw the green? Kinda worried it might have been a preliminary Belial. I'd really like to have a new Azrael model.

The pic was copied onto warseer but the link is now dead. It was at a european Games Day I would assume they were thinking of giving that option but then decided against. That would mean the green simply never got used, same as the Deathwing Standard bearer that was also seen at a GD and never released.

Well, since they praised his 18 years old sculpture in the last WD, I dont think he will get a new sculpt. Grimnar and Ragnar didnt. But who knows, maybe we will see a wave of special characters at some point- but dont count on it.

I would have to agree with Lion el Jason on this one. Seems odd that they would leave those two models metal when nearly all of the others have been switched over...

Maybe they have a ton of it still in stock and don't want to start releasing Finecast till it's all gone?

I thought those DA greens were just test shots by one of the studio/FW sculptors that they were displaying, rather than anything there was an intention of releasing? ~I seem to remember a Deathwing Standard bearer...

Maybe they have a ton of it still in stock and don't want to start releasing Finecast till it's all gone?

They can melt down and re cast metal into other figures so thats not an issue.

I thought those DA greens were just test shots by one of the studio/FW sculptors that they were displaying, rather than anything there was an intention of releasing? ~I seem to remember a Deathwing Standard bearer...

Hmmm, I never heard of anything like that but then I never heard any origin. I have the Banner pic still.

Archived