PA Command Squad/ Comp. Vets Builds

Brother Anders

I have a dilemma, I have a robed command squad and a 5 vets. I want to have a ranged squad and a CQC squad. Thing is I would like to be able to swap the squads when situations call for it. Any ideas on how to do this? I've Been trying to figure this out for 2 days now.

I only have 2 chainswords, 3 CS, 2 SS, plenty of Power weapons and Bolters (BoD anyone?),and a few PP's and Bolt pistols. And yes I have some Magnets.

The standard of devastation works very well in conjunction with combi-weapons. The unit can salvo 2/4 with the bolter part of the combi-weapon, and if something decides that it wants to get close to set up an Assault to stop/escape the storm of fire, then you step up and hit them with the other part of your combi-weapon.

As to equipping a Company Command Squads/Company Veterans Squads, if you don't have enough models to permanently equip everything they way you want to, then magnetize the arms. There are plenty of threads/web-page tutorials out there. Just Google "magnetizing arms", and then browse away. Some tutorials will be better than others, so don't be lazy and look at just one.

Exactly, you can't control where your opponent ends up. Twice I have has nurgle bikers come close to my command.

I much rather use my combi plasma on units like these than take a chance with 4 shots wounding on 6s

My standard command is banner, apoth and 3 combi plasma it's pretty cheap and puts out decent firepower. Usually have a dedicated assault cannon back as well but they never are embarked.

I spent a last week of October to magnize 10 Company Veterans, they are all but 5 bolter arms magneted and I got storms shields, CCW / PW and Bolters to everyone. Its pain in the neck but well worth of it... now if I could just find time to paint them... I just ordered a box of company vets (even I said I would not) and SM COmmand Squad. I will kitbash my Own Robed DA Command squad and use bits to make 6 man tactical squad with missile launcher of rest bits.

Naturally I will be running Chapter Master with artifcier armour attached Command Squad with combi plasma's and Banner of Davastation close support by 2x10 and 1 x 6 tactical squads... All in cover of aegis and in 3 " of the Banner of Devastation... biggrin.png

IMHO Combiplasma's and Banner of Devastation is extremely devastating. Not only you gain insane amount bolter shots, you got also terminator threat if you need. And Combi weapons are cheap.

Archived