Watchers in the Dark fluff question

DoggNewTrix

Yeah I believe the little jawas are always around on the rock. Carrying relics and whatnot. Oh, and wearing power armour....At least the boots

All you really see is the toe of a boot or shoe; the painter decided to color it bone white (or DA green, in the case of Azrael's watcher), but I'm not sure that's enough to say it's power armour.

Re non Dark Angels seeing Watchers, in Grey Angel, Loken sees one (because it shows itself to him). But that might be a rare exception.

Loken was also, imo, a very special Space marine. Someone who would be worthy of the Deathwing without almost any questions.

So a Watcher revealing himself to him seems appropriate.

Re non Dark Angels seeing Watchers, in Grey Angel, Loken sees one (because it shows itself to him).

What book was this in?

By the way, fun facts for you. We all know how deeply the Dark Angels fluff is intertwined with King Arthur legends. Well in later stuff to do with the King Arthur legends, the Nephilim play a big part as allies to Arthur and his allies. Those of you who know anything about the Bible and Christianity know that the Nephilim are mentioned in the Bible as the sons of Angels who came down and took earthly women as wives. They were gigantic men, in fact referred to as giants.

I believe in Hebrew the word 'Nephilim' means "The Watchers" or sometimes "The Watchers in the Dark". Kinda funny that in the Dark Angels lore they're represented as diminutive instead of giants.

I think that was in one of the audio-dramas, not a book. Which one, I'm not sure, but it may now be available in that "Scripts" book.

Edit: I'd like to know the title too so that I can see if you can get hands on a print copy.

Edit 2: Duh, it was already said, Grey Angel was the name of the audio-drama. Sadly, it is not available in the Scripts book. Hopefully it will be available in another written compilation at a later date.

Archived