simple rule question

nurglespuss

Hi guys, I've started playing again in 6th ed after one of my long hiatus' . In our recent practice games a couple of things popped up:

In orks/blood angels, does the attack stat in the profile already include the bonus for having 2 ccw?

When hit by a template weapon behind cover, fo you get a cover save?

Is a crozius now a power maul?

When casualties are remove in assaults is it the same as shooting (i.e. must remove those in base to base/2 inches?

Is scatter always d6 - bs?

Cheers!

- In orks/blood angels, does the attack stat in the profile already include the bonus for having 2 ccw?

No, unless theres a bracket behind the value, like e.g. for the DC dread: A 3(4). This means he has 3 attacks base and 4 thanks to his second ccw.

-When hit by a template weapon behind cover, fo you get a cover save?

If it's not a barrage weapon, you determine coversaves from the shooter as usual. Barrage weapons however determine coversaves from the center of the template.

-Is a crozius now a power maul?

yes

-When casualties are remove in assaults is it the same as shooting (i.e. must remove those in base to base/2 inches?

Yes. You must start allocating wounds to models that are in b2b with a model that has struck at the current initiative step. Then allocate to the next closest ones.

- Is scatter always d6 - bs?

It's 2d6-BS (unless barrage weapons that fire indirectly, they always scatter 2D6).

Remember there are 3 'tools' for blasts and templates. There is the small blast MARKER, the larger blast MARKER and the TEMPLATE. The TEMPLATE specifically refers to only the 8" tear drop shaped tool. According to page 52 of the main rule book, all TEMPLATE weapons have the IGNORES COVER special rule. Examples of TEMPLATE weapons include flamers and inferno cannons. See page 56 (right column) to see the format in which TEMPLATE will be designated (in the Range column of a weapon profile).

Well I'm from switzerland so I only have a german rulebook and codex, but it's interesting to know that "template" only refers to the flame-shaped one (doesn't make that much sense to me at least, the other things could be called templates as well, right?). In the german version, it's always referred to as something similar to "flame template" or just "flame".

Thanks for the info, Ushtarador. I always find it interesting to see the differences in translation of the same editions rules across different languages. In the English book, Template is it's own special section and set of rules (page 52), and blasts are called markers (page 6). The English version has a Special Rule called Blast & Large Blast that dictates the usage of the 3" and 5" markers and a callout box for Barrage (pages 33 and 34, respectively).

Archived