Bike Libby?

DoggNewTrix

Librarian on bike with power field generator, night visor,auspex...

Stick it into a unit of 6 bikes . Next to libby a LRC transporting a commands squad with a dakka pole inside.

48 re-rollable bolter shots ...without psychic powers

Everyone gets 4++

I have a bike librarian converted from way back and tried him out again for my first game with the new book. (The list also featured Sammael and was mostly Ravenwing.)

Worked out pretty well and he is easily worth the points you invest in him. Which can be less than 100 but even with a couple of choice toys won't be likely more than you'd have paid under the last book. So definitely a good choice in my eyes.

Librarian on Bike is one of the most useful tools in the RW army right now. Telepathy gives you access to some REALLY nice support powers, and Divination has some decent ones too, though auspex and twin-linked shooting makes 2 of your biggest options there about half as effective. Misfortune is amazing, and prescience still helps you in close combat.

You can't go far wrong by getting one modeled up and ready for use. I'll have to get pictures of mine, but like the above poster, it's done from the DV librarian, since I had extra. I'm about halfway done with painting it, so you can see how it's going together pretty well.

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh543/raven-sco/Dark%20Angels%206th%20Company/lib-4_zps31ad86b7.jpg

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh543/raven-sco/Dark%20Angels%206th%20Company/lib-3_zps1f4d00eb.jpg

I used the DV sarge bike and right arm, I've seen someone else on here with a conversion with the left arm on the handlebars.

Its what I have planned to do and have started working on myself. I was looking at what would be best and which unit to put my librarian with, the more I thought about it, the more I thought, wait, he can have a bike, and can get an invunerable save without TDA unlike other marine dex's, and he will work great with a ravenwing attack squadron and even better with 3-6 black knights. So mine is just a lvl 2 librarian on bike with power field generator. Tried to keep him cheap yet effective, and he can provide so much to fast moving units.

I had a spare biker lying around so I'll be converting him up as my biker Librarian.  The blade of Caliban has at least one use:  a very awesome looking force sword.  I'll get a chance to field him in today's game inside a 5-man Black Knight squad.  Can't wait to see how they perform.  I'm just so happy the 5-6 Librarians in my collection are finally getting dragged out a lot with the new codex.  It even spurred me on to strip and repaint my old-school terminator Librarian (little dude with the axe).

• 2 weeks later...

I hacked the libby apart and came up with one just like Grotsmasha's though mine is still a WIP.  Thank you all for the replies

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g343/DoggNewTrix/2011%20Project%20log/100_1422_zps5a065ebd.jpg

I'm in a 2500 point 5 week league right now, and I'm running 2 libbys on bikes. Both level 2, one with the MoR using the spiked bat from RW kit and displacer field, and the other with MSoC using the BoC power field. They both are performing well. Last week my opponent conceded on his turn 2 :)

Archived