DA on books

Brother Degas

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere and might have seen this already but the black library have released 2 newish DA books; Angels of Darkness and The Book of the Lion

The book of the Lion seem interesting as it includes:

• Deathwing
  • The Black Pearl
  • Unforgiven
  • Malediction
  • Easy Prey
  • Eye of Terror
  • Deathwing: The Comic
  • Ravenwing: The Comic
  • The Terror of Death: The Comic

The book of the Lion does indeed look an absolute must for Dark Angels fans... some of those stories were previously published in anthologies and others were audio dramas. For those who have not heard of those stories....

Deathwing: The original seminal story about thirty terminators visiting their orin world (Plains World) and the birth of the legend of "Two Heads Talking" and the Bone Coloured Terminator armour.

The Black Pearl: A story about a young (relatively) Interrogator Chaplain who had won his first Black pearl and goes to find a legendary sword based on the information given to him by the repentant "fallen"

Unforgiven; If I remember correctly, this is about yet another Interrogator Chaplain and an assault squad assaulting and attempting to capture a sinister fallen and coming across a terible man/machine..

Malediction: I assum this is the book version of the audio drama. I am not a greta fan of audio dramas..i love my books on the bookshelf..so Yaay!!

Easy Prey: This is a very short e-book published last yera by BL.

Eye of Terror: Don't know or can't remember!! whistling.gif

Deathwing: The Comic: I have a comic that was published during the time of warhammer Monthly Comics. This was a stand alone colour rendition depicting the story of Two Heads Talking and legendary battle of the Plains world. I suspect this might be the same. Would be very happy if it was something new.

Ravenwing: The Comic: Again, there was a ravenwing Comic Story in WHM in which aprticular issue the RW bikers made the front cover. Story was about ravenwing bikers taking on and destroying an ork gargant or stomper moe likely but stomers hadn't been invented at that time period I think...ermm.gif Again, would be very happy if it was something new.

The Terror of Death: The Comic: No idea..... anyone?.....

A greta collection I just wish that they had included the new E-book "Battle Brothers" in it...

SG

I picked up descent of angels, and fallen angels as well as the primarchs book last weekend for my new ipad.  Already finished descent of angels, honestly I had a hard time putting it done and it has thrown a kink in my school work this week, but man what a great read.  Already started fallen angels which is the sequal.  I picked up primarchs cause it has 4 short stories, but one of them is about lion el jonson, so figured it would be a great read.  haven't heard of this other book, might have to look into it.  

I picked up descent of angels, and fallen angels as well as the primarchs book last weekend for my new ipad.  Already finished descent of angels, honestly I had a hard time putting it done and it has thrown a kink in my school work this week, but man what a great read.  Already started fallen angels which is the sequal.  I picked up primarchs cause it has 4 short stories, but one of them is about lion el jonson, so figured it would be a great read.  haven't heard of this other book, might have to look into it.  

I am in the process of finishing decent and I must say...I really try to... The only things that are driving me forward is the knowledge tha Namiel will die and the hope that a future publication will see Zahariel die as well. Well the last bit seems unlikely with everything pointing out for him to...well you know.

I hate them both with a passion.

I picked up descent of angels, and fallen angels as well as the primarchs book last weekend for my new ipad. Already finished descent of angels, honestly I had a hard time putting it done and it has thrown a kink in my school work this week, but man what a great read. Already started fallen angels which is the sequal. I picked up primarchs cause it has 4 short stories, but one of them is about lion el jonson, so figured it would be a great read. haven't heard of this other book, might have to look into it.

I am in the process of finishing decent and I must say...I really try to... The only things that are driving me forward is the knowledge tha Namiel will die and the hope that a future publication will see Zahariel die as well. Well the last bit seems unlikely with everything pointing out for him to...well you know.

I hate them both with a passion.

Awww, I actually kind of liked them and was upset when Namiel kicked the bucket ermm.gif

The Terror of Death: The Comic: No idea..... anyone?.....

It was a small story in the first issue of Inferno! magazine. It was OK at the time - I think it's probably known for the classic ending:

The Terror of Death? To die your task incomplete

The joy of life? To die knowing your task is done

Maybe I got the wording wrong but that's the meaning of it anyway! :P

I am now halfway thru fallen angels nemiel didn't die in the first book at least lol he got promoted to a chaplain in the second. I rather like zahareil he gives me a great insight to how librarians use their powers and tap into their gifts. Will say though after reading these I don't really care for the lions personality, he wouldn't be who he is without Luther, it's like Luther is the lions crutch, which is ashame seeing as how complete the other primarchs were in other books. Strength, knowledge and wisdom. Luther was the lions wisdom, lion el Jonson seemed to lack this innate wisdom and apparently didn't pick it up after living with people on caliban.

Archived